Rainbow Loom Bracelet Cupcake Idea?!

Decorating By kmurph Updated 7 Sep 2013 , 3:38pm by kmurph

kmurph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmurph Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 8:33pm
post #1 of 7

AHello, My 8 year old daughter is having a "Rainbow Loom" bracelet making party for her 8th birthday. I am tring to come up with a cupcake design. Been searching online, but have not found any ideas. I could do a cake if I feel in love with an idea. Has anyone seen a cake or cupcake like this yet? The hard part is that her birthday theme last year happened to be "rainbows" so I made her a tiered ruffled rainbow cake, otherwise I would just do that! Thanks everyone! -Short

6 replies
mermaidcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mermaidcakery Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 7

AJust checked out the rainbow loom site. Some of the looped together bracelets look like knitting stitches. I have seen cakes that mimic knitting, maybe you could do a piped border around the edge of the cupcake to mimic a bracelet?

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 7 Sep 2013 , 12:16am
post #3 of 7

You could do a cake covered in tiny rubberbands ...it'd look just like my house!

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 7 Sep 2013 , 12:18am
post #4 of 7

If you can do edible images why don't you duplicate the box the loom comes in and I was serious about rubber bands all over the place...oh and c clips! you can make them out of fondant! 

coke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coke Posted 7 Sep 2013 , 12:41am
post #5 of 7
SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 7 Sep 2013 , 1:18am
post #6 of 7

AMake the rainbow cupcakes (above), but instead of standard rainbow colors, use some of the other colors that are in the kit, such as the pink, lavender, lime, and black. (very little black, just for accents maybe.)

kmurph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmurph Posted 7 Sep 2013 , 3:38pm
post #7 of 7

AThank you all! Mermaid- I never thought about searching for knitting theme cake! Brilliant!! Coke and Secret- great ideas- they would be cute! Savannah- oh gosh- I have never attempted that... Too scared!! :) and yes- my house is littered with rubber bands too!! I thought about making the rubber bands out of fondant. Am I nuts?!?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%