Cake Contract - "professional Appearance?"

Lounge By Annabakescakes Updated 6 Sep 2013 , 2:18pm by Annabakescakes

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 4:37am
post #1 of 21

I was rooting through the "competition's" contract today, since I unwind from doing cakes with more cake related junk, and saw a bit about their promise to dress and conduct themselves in a professional manner when they drop off cakes... O_o  

Do you have that in your contract, for those of you that have them, and does that mean I shouldn't "twerk" with the DJ in my daisy duke shorts with my hiney hanging out, when I deliver a cake? Who knew?? What else shouldn't I do when delivering that would be "unprofessional"? Remember, this is the lounge, so let's be creative!

20 replies
Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 4:44am
post #2 of 21

AWell, since twerking's about as erotic as the two-step.........

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 4:44am
post #3 of 21

AWell, since twerking's about as erotic as the two-step.........

Annabakescakes Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 4:49am
post #4 of 21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godot 

Well, since twerking's about as erotic as the two-step.........

True, but what it lacks in eroticism, it makes up for in class and subtlety ;-)

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 4:57am
post #5 of 21

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me - like somebody who didn't know WHAT to write so they went and asked on a cake forum and they took the advice of the first person who answered.

Little did they know it may have been said........   with SARCASTIC undertones!! hahaha

Who would do that?    LOL

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 5:52am
post #6 of 21

AUmmm... Picking through the catered food? Of course, you could always call that quality control...

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 5:55am
post #7 of 21

AIt sounds like it was copied from a different vendor's contract, with "dropping off cakes" subbed for whatever that vendor did.

But then again, it's something you can offer to the customer that costs you nothing, since presumably you were going to do dress and act in a professional manner anyway.

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 5:55am
post #8 of 21

AMaybe there is someone else in town who was crazy unprofessional when dropping off the cake?

Nadiaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadiaa Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 6:14am
post #9 of 21

Maybe it should be in the contract you won't just hurl the cake out the window as you drive by. 

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 6:24am
post #10 of 21

A

Original message sent by Nadiaa

Maybe it should be in the contract you won't just hurl the cake out the window as you drive by. 

That might be an opportunity...if a customer wants to save money by avoiding paying setup costs, they can choose the drive-by caking option*.

* Choosing this option invalidates the satisfaction guarantee

Nadiaa Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 6:46am
post #11 of 21

'Drive by caking option' - LOL!!!! 

knlcox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knlcox Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 9:14am
post #12 of 21

If they have to put that in their contract I wonder what they're like in real life when they aren't playing a cake professional. 

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 12:08pm
post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 
What else shouldn't I do when delivering that would be "unprofessional"? Remember, this is the lounge, so let's be creative!

I read somewhere that it's unprofessional to pick your nose or fart.

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 12:24pm
post #14 of 21

I used to own a drapery workroom, and bought an installation handbook once, and it admonished male installers to keep their pants zipped up and belts buckled at all times.  :shock:  My mom and I got a good laugh out of that - who were the poor customers who got to witness that??  Maybe you could add that to your contract?

Liz

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 12:25pm
post #15 of 21

AHitting on the groom might be a little unprofessional. Guests and wedding party are fair game though.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 1:34pm
post #16 of 21

AProbably best not to rock up in a wedding dress either. Some brides get touchy about that.

Nadiaa Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 1:45pm
post #17 of 21

AAlso, if you do happen to deliver a cake wreck, still charge the full price and state that you will naturally shove heaps of poisonous flowers from the tables in it. So you are able to render the cake possibly toxic to eat AND destroy the table displays simultaneously!!

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 1:47pm
post #18 of 21

AWell if your husband didn't buy you a cakesafe to prevent that happening then you have no business doing cakes.

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 1:49pm
post #19 of 21

AI was thinking the other day that I would like to add some "extra" things; special little services that would be an additional charge, like when you buy a car. Predelivery inspection: $10 (This involves opening the box to make sure the cake is still there before I put it in the car.) Post delivery inspection: $15 (Checking to make sure the cake didn't fall apart due to my crazy driving.) Supreme hygiene package: $15 (This would guarantee that I use soap and water to wash my hands rather than just wipe them on my apron. It also includes my not coughing or sneezing on the cake.) Manners package: $10 - $50 (This package ensures that the customer will be greeted with a smile and spoken to in a polite, courteous fashion. Cost of this package to be determined by its difficulty based on the customer's behaviour.)

What do you think? That would make my contract look really professional and score me some bonus cash, right?!

Nadiaa Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 1:52pm
post #20 of 21

A

Original message sent by kikiandkyle

Well if your husband didn't buy you a cakesafe to prevent that happening then you have no business doing cakes.

Bwahahahaha!!!!

Annabakescakes Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 2:18pm
post #21 of 21

Quote:

Originally Posted by as you wish 

I was thinking the other day that I would like to add some "extra" things; special little services that would be an additional charge, like when you buy a car.
Predelivery inspection: $10 (This involves opening the box to make sure the cake is still there before I put it in the car.)
Post delivery inspection: $15 (Checking to make sure the cake didn't fall apart due to my crazy driving.)
Supreme hygiene package: $15 (This would guarantee that I use soap and water to wash my hands rather than just wipe them on my apron. It also includes my not coughing or sneezing on the cake.)
Manners package: $10 - $50 (This package ensures that the customer will be greeted with a smile and spoken to in a polite, courteous fashion. Cost of this package to be determined by its difficulty based on the customer's behaviour.)

What do you think? That would make my contract look really professional and score me some bonus cash, right?!

I like it! Maybe we all need to adopt this practice at the first of the year, so that if anyone wants a cake, they HAVE to pay for the extras?

And what is the problem of wiping your hands on you apron? I mean the apron is so handy to have around, like in the bathroom. You can fan it around you, while "using the facilities" and you can multi-task don't have to worry about dropping your lunch, or expensive luster dusts in the toilet while you "go".

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApplegumPam 

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me - like somebody who didn't know WHAT to write so they went and asked on a cake forum and they took the advice of the first person who answered.

Little did they know it may have been said........   with SARCASTIC undertones!! hahaha

Who would do that?    LOL

I definitely raised an eyebrow when I came across it. I would assume that is part of being in business. I deliver in a chef coat, and black slacks. But, when I had a consultation this week, I was running late due to my 4 year old cutting himself on a piece of metal, and when they got here I was still wearing my spider-man shirt with the sparkly glitter eyes, #amazing   haha Actually, I am wearing a spider-man shirt today, too. You can just see his upper body between my "halter-top" leopard print apron.... Keeping it classy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmPamCakes 

Ummm... Picking through the catered food? Of course, you could always call that quality control...

Wait, what? You don't eat off the buffet when you drop off a cake? I thought that was one of the perks of waiting until the reception starts to deliver the cake!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylawaylalayla 

Maybe there is someone else in town who was crazy unprofessional when dropping off the cake?

I want to know this story, if so!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadiaa 

(amending contract now)

Quote:

Originally Posted by knlcox 

If they have to put that in their contract I wonder what they're like in real life when they aren't playing a cake professional. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MimiFix 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 
What else shouldn't I do when delivering that would be "unprofessional"? Remember, this is the lounge, so let's be creative!

I read somewhere that it's unprofessional to pick your nose or fart.

Whoever gave you that idea?? Those are natural bodily functions! If God didn't want us to pick our noses, why did he make our nostrils finger sized? As as far as gas, better out than in, I always say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by liz at sugar 

I used to own a drapery workroom, and bought an installation handbook once, and it admonished male installers to keep their pants zipped up and belts buckled at all times.  :shock:  My mom and I got a good laugh out of that - who were the poor customers who got to witness that??  Maybe you could add that to your contract?

Liz

I bet that was an OLD manual! That sort of thing is so old-fashioned. Pants these days are much tighter, and don't slip down as much as those Barney Fife pants of old. Though, my husband always makes sure to zip up and buckle up after we do our "dry-run" to see where the cake is going. I mean, he can hold up his pants with his hands in his pockets, before we get the cake out of the van, but, what if his pants fell down, and he tripped while carrying the cake?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandisBaked 

Hitting on the groom might be a little unprofessional. Guests and wedding party are fair game though.

Sounds legit (nodding head)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikiandkyle 

Probably best not to rock up in a wedding dress either. Some brides get touchy about that.

It's the pre-wedding jitters.. Brides can be SO TOUCHY!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%