Air Brush

Decorating By Pompidora Updated 6 Sep 2013 , 12:12am by Pompidora

Pompidora Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 12:57pm
post #1 of 4

hey everyone im new to this site today and one of the things i was curious about is if anyone has had a similar thing occur.

 

a few months ago i bourght an airbrush a a few colours ( i wont mention the brand at this time) and of couse it was a lot of fun but after useing it i felt my hands starting to sting and it got worse and worse over the day i ignored it and kept going with the cakes i was decorating but by bed time (1 am ish) they had swelled up a great deal and the skin across my knucles had split. i was in agany.

4 days later when they had gone down i used the air brush again and the same reaction occured.

 

i now use the air brush with 2 gloves on and a mask as i was feeling sick as well. it only seems to occur when useing the Duff Goldman brand of colour.

 

any thoughts?

3 replies
morganchampagne Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 4:00pm
post #2 of 4

AJust seems like you may be allergic to something in that brand of color. Have you tried the other airbrush colors? If so, I would. Definitely don't use Duff anymore since you had such a bad reaction to it. Definitely sounds like an allergy

cakealicious7 Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 4

AThat definitely sounds like an allergic reaction to me, you should be very careful. You should have consulted your doctor because reactions to colours can be dangerous, and an allergy can occur at any time- even if you've never suffered before.

Pompidora Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 12:12am
post #4 of 4

AIve tried others and had little to no reaction. Its just my hands that r affected and ive eaten it no problem. I didnt think of a doctor as silly as that sounds I hardly ever go to one for anything I just power through it lol. Just was really odd im not allergic to anything.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%