Hot Milk Sponge Cupcake Problem - Please Read

Baking By Julie_S

Julie_S Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julie_S Posted 4 Sep 2013 , 12:14pm
post #1 of 1

Hi,

The other day I made this sponge cake but made cupcakes. While in the oven, the cakes rose very nicely and looked great. When I took them out of the oven they looked great. Then, all of a sudden right before my very eyes, the cakes started to pull away from the sides of the liners. They shrunk into almost mini looking cupcakes. The cupcakes taste great and I like the texture. But how do I stop them from pulling away from sides of pan after coming out of oven. and what may have caused this? Should I immediately get them out of the hot cupcake pan after they come out of oven?

Thanks, Julie

Hot Milk Sponge Cake

1 ¾ cups cake flour

1 ½ tsp baking powder

½ tsp salt

4 large eggs

1 1/3 cups granulated sugar

1 cup milk

4 to 6 tablespoons melted butter

1 tsp vanilla extract

Method:

1.      Grease and flour 2 9 inch round cake pans.

2.      Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.

3.       In a mixer bowl whip the eggs until frothy and slightly thickened. Slowly add the sugar to the running mixer, one tablespoon at a time.

4.      Meanwhile, in a small saucepan or mike-safe bowl, heat the milk and butter to almost a boil. Stir in the vanilla.

5.      At low speed, add the flour mixture all at once to the egg mixture.

6.      Increase mixer speed to medium-low and slowly pour the hot milk down the side of the bowl. The batter will be thin.

7.       Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 to 22 minutes.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%