New Bakery Promotional Ideas

Business By CakeShopLex Updated 4 Sep 2013 , 2:00am by jason_kraft

CakeShopLex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeShopLex Posted 4 Sep 2013 , 1:49am
post #1 of 2

Hi.  My name is Chrissy and I own the online bakery Chrissy's Cake Shop.  I am expanding and working on retro fitting a rental space for a commercial kitchen.  With all of that said... I was wondering what ideas that you all might have for promotional ideas.

I am also trying to determine that one item that no one else in my area offers... I am leaning toward cake pop bouquets.  Do any of you do them?  

I do a lot of custom cakes but I need smaller items that will bring a profit and fill in the gaps between the custom cakes.

1 reply
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 4 Sep 2013 , 2:00am
post #2 of 2

AWhat are your competitive advantages? Who is your primary target market? How are you currently targeting them?

Also, does KY have a cottage food law? If not, you may not be able to legally sell cakes unless you have a separate commercial kitchen in your home or until your rented commercial kitchen is up and running.

Cake pop bouquets might be an option, but you would need to do some research to determine what they cost you to make and how much people are willing to pay for them in your area.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%