Help!! I Have To Finish This Cake By Tomorrow And I Have Some Questions!! Pls Help!

Decorating By ponderbabe Updated 6 Sep 2013 , 6:22pm by AZCouture

ponderbabe Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 7

Hey guys,

Ive been asked to do a superman cake for a birthday. I did the cake in a 8 in pan. Layered with filling. I crumb coated with navy blue icing, and did my final coat. I then smoothed out the icing.

Now I have to put on the Superman Emblem..

Here are my questions:

Should I stencil on the buttercream cake with buttercream?

or

Should i pipe on the Superman emblem, and IF SO, How would I get a flatter finish?

With the stencil, i watched a video of someone like scraping on the buttercream with holding the stencil. 

If I did it with the stencil, Could I scrape on different colours? Would it bleed or blend through?

If there is a way to do this muticolored i would love to stencil it, i just want to know if its possible before i attempt it and have to start all over.

Thanks in advance.

6 replies
jenng1482 Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 7

Frozen Buttercream Transfer!

BatterUpCake Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 11:43pm
post #3 of 7

Look up buttercream transfer tutorials

ponderbabe Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 7

I have and i can honestly say i am confused by it?

DeliciousDesserts Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 12:05am
post #6 of 7

Excuse me for being the big meanie in the room.  Why on earth are you waiting until the night before to figure out how to accomplish this?

Honestly.  If there was more time, I could offer many solutions of how to achieve this.  Do you have the right color fondants?  You could cut each piece.  Do you have access to an edible printer?  

This is why it is never a good idea to either:  

wait until the night before to start

agree to do something out of your skill set

agree to do something out of your skill set & wait until the night before to figure out how to do it.

Best of luck.

Buttercream transfer really is the best option.

AZCouture Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 6:22pm
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%