CRAZY OR WACKY CAKE
1 1/2 cups GF Flour Blend#
1 teaspoon Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup Cocoa
1 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Oil
1 tablespoon Vinegar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Coffee or Cold water
# if flour blend does not included xanthan gum, add 1 ts xanthan gum to ingredient list.
Combine dry ingredients.
Combine wet ingredients, then stir into flour mixture.
Blend/stir all together until smooth: the vinegar and baking soda begin to react immediately - beating the batter loses the leavening gases ..
The batter will be fairly thin, compared to ordinary cake batter.
The Pan should be 1/3 to 1/2 full, to accomodate rising.
Lined 20cm round tin 180°C 25-35 minutes -don't overbake! Stand 5 mins before turning out - cake is delicate while hot, so careful ..
• Apple & Walnut : Omit cocoa, Add apple to measuring cup, fill to 1 c level with apple cider add ¼ c walnuts 1 ts cinnamon
• Banana and Pecan Cake: Omit cocoa, Add 1 mashed banana to measuring cup, fill to 1 c level with water, add ¼ c pecans 1 ts nutmeg
• Choc-orange marble cake: make two HALF mixtures, omit cocoa in one and add orange essence. Gently swirl with a knife to "marble".
• Berry cake: omit cocoa, substitute juice for water and add frozen berries (for canned berries, adjust flour)
• Spice: omit cocoa. Add 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice or mixed spice.
• Orange: omit cocoa & vinegar. Substitute orange juice for the water.
• Lemon: omit cocoa. Substitute lemon juice for vinegar. Some lemon extract can be added.