Working With Vodka

Decorating By usabk5 Updated 3 Sep 2013 , 4:36am by kaylawaylalayla

usabk5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
usabk5 Posted 1 Sep 2013 , 12:03pm
post #1 of 10

AHello everyone, maybe some of you can help me out. I've made alcohol cakes but none with vodka. What would be the best cake flavor to use with vodka? I know that taste of some cakes will not taste well with certain alcohols.

9 replies
kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 2:57am
post #2 of 10

AVodka is a flavorless alcohol. Unless you are using flavored vodka.then just use whatever complements thst flavor

usabk5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
usabk5 Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 10

AThanks alot. Your response was greatly appreciated. I am getting ready to bake it now.

kelsiedelizzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelsiedelizzle Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 1:18am
post #4 of 10

They make a birthday cake flavored vodka don't they? I think that would be pretty cool to try with a vanilla/yellow cake!

CravingsDC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CravingsDC Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 1:22am
post #5 of 10

I recently made a chocolate cake with chocolate cake-flavored vodka infused in the cake, once it was baked. It was in honor of a 50th birthday and the client loved it.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 1:35am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylawaylalayla 

Vodka is a flavorless alcohol. Unless you are using flavored vodka.then just use whatever complements thst flavor

lol, this.

kelsiedelizzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelsiedelizzle Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 1:37am
post #7 of 10

...also Smirnoff makes a caramel vodka that is delicious, and I think that would make an excellent dessert too!

kaylawaylalayla Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 2:03am
post #8 of 10

AI guess my comment was only half helpful. Here are some liqours and cakes that go well together. Chocolate - kahlua, creme de menthe, kirsch, chamborde, rum, grandmarnier, frangelico (my favorite). Vanilla - brandy, rum, grand marnier, bourbon. Limoncello amaretto Red velvet... hmmm. I bet brandy might be a nice accent to cream cheese frosting. If youre making tres leches or a white chocolate cake, I'd have to say brandy. With tres leches I like to add a tbspn or two of brandy to the three milks and IT. IS. SO. GOOD.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 2:46am
post #9 of 10

Fill glass with ice, pour vodka over ice, squeeze generously with fresh lime, fill with tonic water --- oh wait, that's something else :)

kaylawaylalayla Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 4:36am
post #10 of 10

AThen bake! Hah :p

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%