Flower Stamen Question

Decorating By JPepper Updated 2 Sep 2013 , 4:35am by Smckinney07

JPepper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JPepper Posted 1 Sep 2013 , 5:25am
post #1 of 5

Hi there :)

Just wondering what the difference is between the stamen that have wire and the stamen that have string, besides the obvious! LOL!  I know one is wire and one is string...lol...but are they used for different types of flowers? I have a package of double headed stamen that are on a string that was given to me and I can't seem to find anything on the internet that indicates how these are used. I can imagine how the wired ones are used but not the string ones.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

Jennifer

4 replies
Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 1 Sep 2013 , 11:50am
post #2 of 5

AThey are for different types of flowers; I've mainly seen the strings cut, bunched together with floral tape and dipped in egg whites or something to make them sturdy.

Here's a link to another CC members blog, she does amazing work and has tutorials on making both types of stamens and using them. Visuals help me.

http://acaketorememberva.blogspot.com/2011/02/making-stamens-for-gumpaste-flowers.html

JPepper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JPepper Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 4:21am
post #3 of 5

Thanks for your reply and the tutorial link :) While the tutorial is very informative, I was hoping to find some direction on how to use the stamen that I already have :)

Smckinney07 Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 4:35am
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%