Lifesize Bride Wedding Cake - Need Your Feedback

Decorating By rana_cis Updated 9 Feb 2015 , 4:47am by Singerssoul

manicgeisha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manicgeisha Posted 1 Sep 2013 , 5:46pm
post #31 of 84

Whew!  I`m glad I`m not the only one who noticed it was a huge doll cake.   

The video looks like a mixed bag of results from Google search.   Makes me wonder if any of them are were made by the OP.

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 1 Sep 2013 , 7:41pm
post #32 of 84

AClean pic, sloppy pic, clean, not-so-clean.... Why?! I just don't understand. Don't use other people's pictures. Obviously, they haven't made many cakes if they thought they could pass the original one off as a sculpted masterpiece. I'm sorry it's mean and a rude comment but it's just so wrong to me.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 1 Sep 2013 , 8:25pm
post #33 of 84

I saw this as soon as it was posted...it had had a few views, no one had commented, and I couldn't believe my eyes. I really couldn't get over the fact that the OP was trying to convince us that it was edible. I too checked out their FB page, and was a bit shocked by the other cakes on there. I just couldn't bring myself to comment, so I'm glad you guys did first!

10/10 for the cupcakes though....?!

cakelove2105 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelove2105 Posted 1 Sep 2013 , 8:46pm
post #34 of 84

100% Agree that's why I said It was Shocking. I mean , who the H is going to eat a cake that looks like a human? or as a matter fact, who's going to eat the bride of the weeding? I hope the filling was not strawberry to make it look like blood coming out of the body. I also said amazing cause what a imagination. It's not even who made it that has the narcissist taste but the person who ordered it :/ Just trying to be honest sorry.

smittyditty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smittyditty Posted 1 Sep 2013 , 11:48pm
post #35 of 84

So funny. I immediately knew it was fake but didn't have the guts to say it...lol..The left shoulder is what immediately gave it away. Its an attached mannequin arm. I worked with them for 8 years. Glad Anna called it out. icon_lol.gif

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 4:09am
post #36 of 84

never mind

hislilbaker89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hislilbaker89 Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 4:40am
post #37 of 84

AI've never been a fan of life size cakes that resemble a person, or any animal. I thought it was a fake. Looks like a mannequin with grease all over it.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 4:46am
post #38 of 84

A

Original message sent by hislilbaker89

I've never been a fan of life size cakes that resemble a person, or any animal. I thought it was a fake. Looks like a mannequin with grease all over it.

I started choking when I read that last line. :-) seriously cracking up!

Annabakescakes Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 4:51am
post #39 of 84

ABtw, you are all welcome. ;-) I just couldn't not say something!

hislilbaker89 Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 4:58am
post #40 of 84

ATy ty lol it does. The fake hair eww I would never touch a cake with any hair on it. I can't even eat a piece of cake when someone blows out their candles. Do u know how much spit is on that cake!!!

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

I started choking when I read that last line. :-) seriously cracking up!

lyonj69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyonj69 Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 9:48am
post #41 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_cis 

What do you think?

Our recent creation -- a childhood dream for Edible Life Size Bride Cake.

The cake was about 5 feet tall with beautiful rhinestone wedding dress and dozens of elegant cupcakes.

looking for your feedback :-)

for more pictures, check us at 

https://www.facebook.com/CakesFunllc

Thanks 

Hey That seems to be terrific dude..

Truly nice creation..

Annabakescakes Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 5:36pm
post #42 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by hislilbaker89 

Ty ty lol it does. The fake hair eww I would never touch a cake with any hair on it. I can't even eat a piece of cake when someone blows out their candles. Do u know how much spit is on that cake!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

I started choking when I read that last line. icon_smile.gif seriously cracking up!

I will if it is family, I scrape the icing off if it is not family. Really, I don't eat the icing if it isn't mine, anyway. I think candles on cakes for people over 11 is ridiculous, anyway. (for under 3 is pretty silly too, since most babies can't blow)  I do it every year, for every birthday around here, though, since it is expected.

Last night my husband and I watched an episode of Monk on Netflix and it was the one were Lt. Disher has a birthday, and Monk insists the Captain put plastic wrap over the cake before they put the candles in. The Captain thinks it is a great idea, but when Lt. Disher blows out his candles the plastic wrap catches on fire, and they have to use a fire extinguisher to put it out, lol!!!

melisalimpyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melisalimpyo Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 5:45pm
post #43 of 84

I do like the wedding dress but I don't like that statue. ehhehe

--------------------------

wedding packages

knlcox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knlcox Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 6:19pm
post #44 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

I will if it is family, I scrape the icing off if it is not family. Really, I don't eat the icing if it isn't mine, anyway. I think candles on cakes for people over 11 is ridiculous, anyway. (for under 3 is pretty silly too, since most babies can't blow)  I do it every year, for every birthday around here, though, since it is expected.

Last night my husband and I watched an episode of Monk on Netflix and it was the one were Lt. Disher has a birthday, and Monk insists the Captain put plastic wrap over the cake before they put the candles in. The Captain thinks it is a great idea, but when Lt. Disher blows out his candles the plastic wrap catches on fire, and they have to use a fire extinguisher to put it out, lol!!!

I love Monk! I feel like him at times.  I can't eat any frosting off a cake if someone blows out candles, not even if its family.  I can't drink from a drink my own kids drink out of especially my 6 year old. When I watch cake tutorials of any kind I don't like to watch anyone use their bare hands to touch the cake or especially to smooth buttercream!!

There's a certain cake master that does that and each time I cringe just thinking about all the dead skin cells on it.  EEEKKK!!!  Haha! I know, I have some serious issues.  I will never order a cake from that person. lol  I only feel this way with cakes, cupcakes, dessert items, though not cooked food. Weird. 

hislilbaker89 Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 7:31pm
post #45 of 84

AOmg I'd die laughing I just might have to watch monk on Netflix lol currently were watching puss in boots Halloween lol. Yeah I don't eat cake at all with candles at other ppls house. I will if its my fiancees cake or peyton my daughters. For this reason alone i make peyton her own little cake with a candle on it. Peyton turns four this year and will blow out her own candle.

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

hislilbaker89 Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 7:35pm
post #46 of 84

AI know how u feel I cringe just thinking about my first job I had they didn't use gloves at all! I like wearing gloves BC its not that messy and clean up is easy and more sanitary. I always used gloves at work I'd get *****ed at about using them from my co workers BC they didn't want to wear them. Some of them started picking food off the floor and was reselling it. I had to leave that job they were NASTY!!

Original message sent by knlcox

I love Monk! I feel like him at times.  I can't eat any frosting off a cake if someone blows out candles, not even if its family.  I can't drink from a drink my own kids drink out of especially my 6 year old. When I watch cake tutorials of any kind I don't like to watch anyone use their bare hands to touch the cake or especially to smooth buttercream!! There's a certain cake master that does that and each time I cringe just thinking about all the dead skin cells on it.  EEEKKK!!!  Haha! I know, I have some serious issues.  I will never order a cake from that person. lol  I only feel this way with cakes, cupcakes, dessert items, though not cooked food. Weird. 

Pyro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pyro Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 8:23pm
post #47 of 84

Not to be an ass but OP never said anything about modeling chocolate over rkt or whatnot. Even thought it is presented as something similar " 5 feet tall cake ". Anyways.

To me it looks like one of those " Barbie doll cake " , a base in cake and you shove a plastic figure on top. Just bigger.

therealmrsriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
therealmrsriley Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 8:26pm
post #48 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro 

Not to be an ass but OP never said anything about modeling chocolate over rkt or whatnot. Even thought it is presented as something similar " 5 feet tall cake ". Anyways.

To me it looks like one of those " Barbie doll cake " , a base in cake and you shove a plastic figure on top. Just bigger.

Pyro, I was just about to mention that. I hit refresh and you had made the same comment. :)

I didn't gather from OP's remarks that they were trying to pass the ENTIRE cake off as edible. It's clearly a mannequin. I just thought the OP was simply proud to have finally done it, whether it's a life size wondermold or not....

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 8:27pm
post #49 of 84

AYeah she did. See post #8. I'm on my phone and can't quote it right now

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 8:30pm
post #50 of 84

A

Original message sent by rana_cis

[SIZE=18px]@ [/SIZE]

lindseyjhills [/SIZE] [SIZE=18px] [*] it is all edible, body figure made of modeling chocolate and rice krispy 

[/SIZE]

Here ya go.

therealmrsriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
therealmrsriley Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 8:32pm
post #51 of 84

Aww dang!!! I missed that! Yeah....thanks for pointing that out kikiandkyle and jennicake.

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 8:58pm
post #52 of 84

A8O that was my reaction when I saw the cake- it was not a good reaction. That face I have to say scared the crap out of me!! I wasn't going to comment until I read everybody else's but we're getting some funny people on CC these days :?

just4fun26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just4fun26 Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 9:57pm
post #53 of 84

AIm not a professional. That being said, this "cake" freaks me out. Get a good mannequin with the face done. It's very obvious the upper half is not edible. I would hope anyone selling cake would not allow hair, real or fake to touch something "edible." First it is stated that its all rice crispy treats and modeling chocolate, later it states all cake.

My skill level is not that of many on here, but I know I can mush together rice crispies and smooth modeling chocolate over it around a mannequin.

Also, would any one put a real dress on cake that was meant to be eaten?

shebysuz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebysuz Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 11:34pm
post #54 of 84

A

Original message sent by rana_cis

[SIZE=18px]@ [/SIZE]

lindseyjhills [/SIZE] [SIZE=18px] [*] it is all edible, body figure made of modeling chocolate and rice krispy 

[/SIZE]

Aww sure she did. She claims its Rkt & modeling choc on page 1. Plus her facebook is full of fraud and her youtube video was a bunch of hooey as well

just4fun26 Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 11:45pm
post #55 of 84

AI currently have all the time in the world so I went thru all her fb pics. I think the last ones are probably true to service.

shebysuz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebysuz Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 12:08am
post #56 of 84

AYeah pretty sure the poo stained leopard print gold high heel atrocity is hers. Really really bad.

just4fun26 Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 12:11am
post #57 of 84

AYea... That one was rough too.

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 12:26am
post #58 of 84

I like how someone asked "DId you do the Jake and the Pirates cake?" and her reply was "Yes, I can do this" not "Yes I did that"

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 12:26am
post #59 of 84

AAlright, she wasn't honest about it. Probably just wanted some free "press" and didn't realize how obvious it was to us.

No need to go on a witch hunt or totally slam her other work.

manicgeisha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manicgeisha Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 12:30am
post #60 of 84

Hmm, if you read the comments on her FB page too she has been called out months ago for stealing photos.   No response.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%