Writing In Graham Cracker Sand

Decorating By jnwoods386 Updated 1 Sep 2013 , 11:00am by jnwoods386

jnwoods386 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jnwoods386 Posted 31 Aug 2013 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 6

AI have this grooms cake due in an hour....are there any tips on writing in Graham cracker sand? I had to resort to piping on their names ...any suggestions appreciated!

5 replies
darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 31 Aug 2013 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 6

I would love to know any tips as well.  I tried to do that on a beach cake once and I had the hardest time.  The frosting didn't want to stick and kept pulling up.

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 31 Aug 2013 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 6

You could always make the letters in  royal icing and allow them to dry and then place them onto the sand with a bit of icing on the back just to get them to stick down...

I haven't ever tried it, but it is just a suggestion...

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 31 Aug 2013 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 6

i know it's beyond your time limit, but you could have pressed some of the graham crackers together with some butter, as in a crust, and then written in the "wet sand" just like at the seashore. 

jnwoods386 Posted 1 Sep 2013 , 11:00am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for all the tips.  I'll have to remember next time.  Here are pics of the completed cakes. In the end, the bride and groom loved them so I'm happy!

jnwoods386 Posted 1 Sep 2013 , 11:00am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for all the tips.  I'll have to remember next time.  Here are pics of the completed cakes. In the end, the bride and groom loved them so I'm happy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%