kausha Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 4:11pm
post #1 of

Hello!!, planning to make five cakes(tiers) for my son's 10th bday with the following 5 Pokemons :

KYUREM WHITE

KELDEO

YVELTAL (Pokemon Y )

MELOETTA and

ARCEUS

Can anyone or everyone give me some ideas on which color i should make the frosting(base color)for each cake? For example; if it was "Oshawott" i could do the base with blue 'cos it's a Water TYPE creature! But i don't know anything about the above Pokemons. Since it's a surprise i don't want to ask my son. . Hope someone helps me!! :)

PS: i had posted a thread earlier about a 10 tier, now i have reduced to 5 LOL ! What I wanted to do is, cover the cake with smooth buttercream and  place the fondant faces oof the above pokemons on front of each cake!

4 replies
kausha Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 2:52am
post #2 of

ANo one????? :(

Jenny BakesAlot Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 3:15am
post #3 of

Gray

Navy

Red

Green

Gold

I would google these guys to see what they look like.  You can then decide what shade of whatever color you think would look best.  

coke Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 4:17am
post #4 of

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsuiwnHl1xAJBbUpYih1uimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU9kLhkpW5Ijj-Ud9eMl4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTW9yFh48W5IqWNUT7wlhR

Sorry, I don't known the characters, but I found these on google images "pokemon cake"

kausha Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 10:27pm
post #5 of

AThanks ladies!! Its been weeks since am googling lol.. finally made up my mind and almost doing something similar to Jenny's colors!! Brown and not green for Meleotta :) 'cos my son likes the dancing version which had a brown hat/bandana. THANK YOU again so much!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%