Frosting Like "whipped Cream" That Works W/ Fondant

Baking By mystsparkle Updated 28 Aug 2013 , 1:31pm by Sakura Blossom

mystsparkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mystsparkle Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 12:22pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all - I found a few older threads with some recipes that are suppose to taste like whipped cream, I tried a few and didn't really get the results I like....  I really like this cooked recipe, to me its very similar to a whipped cream not sweet taste...

Perfect Cupcake Frosting and Filling

3 tablespoon Flour
1/2 cup milk (whole milk is best, but I use non-fat when it’s all I have and it’s actually fine)
1/2 cup real butter (I prefer salted, but you can use also unsalted and add salt to taste)
1/2 cup sugar (that’s granulated sugar, not powdered sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or other flavor if you wish.

I'm worried it may not work okay on a cake that will have fondant on it (ive only used it as a cupcake frosting) - Anyone know?

Or possible a recipe they would share ?

Thanks!

3 replies
Sakura Blossom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sakura Blossom Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 4

Hi there,

There is one recipe that I used basically is almost like a regular buttercream recipe except it use real whipped cream.  It is not too sweet you can find it on allrecipes.com it is call Rick buttercream recipe.  It work like a charm with fondant, I had tried it and it is my recipe for kids birthday cake. The only thing I change is that I used all butter instead of shortening and whipped it like crazy for at least 10 minutes. The finally texture is very light and fluffy.

mystsparkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mystsparkle Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 1:23pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks!! Ill pull up that recipe right now..With the whipping cream in it, is it okay to not put in the fridge and let sit out for a couple of days, or that would be a big no no?

Sakura Blossom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sakura Blossom Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 4

AYou have to be carefull when using whipped cream, when you are leaving it too long in the fridge it tends to absorb and taste like your fridge unless you covered it with fondant first, that will protect the whipped cream. This icing hardens like butter when it is cold and become very soft at room temp. However it is a big no for lettting it sit at room temp for couple of day because of the whipped cream. It need to be refrigerated or else it would be spoiled. Just take it out at least four hours before serving

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%