Trying To Find A Specific Color For Frosting... Mauve/dull Pink.. Help!

Decorating By kurlykakes Updated 29 Aug 2013 , 10:58am by Rohini

kurlykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kurlykakes Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 12:44am
post #1 of 6

Hi all! long time lurker, first time poster. 

I'm looking for this color in the top right corner for frosting for my cousin's wedding in October. I'll be frosting cupcakes in this color (hopefully!!). I ordered AmeriColor Dusty Rose and Mauve. Mauve is like light purple and Dusty Rose is almost a lighter version of their Deep Pink. The Mauve - I had to use a TON of color for a very light outcome and the Dusty Rose was really strong. I think the Mauve could be it if I added something?? Anyone have experience with these colors?

5 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 12:53am
post #2 of 6

Wilton has a color called Aster that I think will give you that shade. I've only ever seen it in a set of  "garden" colors with juniper, delphinium, buttercup.

Sweet Swirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet Swirls Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 2:51am
post #3 of 6

AI used Dusty Rose for a rose color but did not want it so pink. If you add a little dark brown and blend it, it should come pretty close to what you are looking for.

kurlykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kurlykakes Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 1:13am
post #4 of 6

thanks all, I picked up the Aster color and will also try brown if that doesn't work!

dirtycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dirtycakes Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 3:36am
post #5 of 6

AJust an extra tip- adding ivory (I use Americolor gels) "mutes" colors down a bit very nicely, too. Good luck :)

Rohini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rohini Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 10:58am
post #6 of 6

Maybe you can also try the color 'Cyclamen' from Squire's Kitchen...... Good luck! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%