Need Advice/venting

Lounge By morganchampagne Updated 28 Aug 2013 , 1:06am by morganchampagne

morganchampagne Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 12:17am
post #1 of 3

AI'm having a bit if an issue with my best friend of like 10 years. It relates to baking, so maybe you guys have some direction.

She has this really bad habit of like, offering unsolicited advice that is normally wrong. She will say stuff like "just use all oil in your recipe, it's fine" which is incorrect obviously other adjustments must be made. I have just been saying "ok" as I don't want to get into a long baking chemistry discussion, but it's getting annoying now.

She also has this thing where everytime she meets someone who says they like baking she wants to give them my email. Even once she said "Hey my new room mate wants to open her own bakery one day just like you, maybe you guys can be partners!" I don't even know the girl. And i don't want partners.

I have to say something, but I'm not a dainty speaker. I tend to just say it, and let the chips fall where they may. But she's my best friend, and I honestly believe shes TRYING to be helpful, even though she's not at all. Anybody have any suggestions on a nice way to tell her to shut up basically lol?

Sorry for the long post. She's a good family friend, I've asked my family for advice. That was useless. So here I now come to you

2 replies
MimiFix Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 12:54am
post #2 of 3

Talk to her but start with the positives and how much you like her, then add that some things are driving you crazy. Just tell her what you wrote here: 

I'm not a dainty speaker. I tend to just say it, and let the chips fall where they may. You're my best friend, and I honestly believe you're TRYING to be helpful, even though you're not at all.

And just ignore her bad baking info. People come on this forum every day, some of them giving out bad info. (Oops, guess we both need to learn dainty-talk...)  

morganchampagne Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 1:06am
post #3 of 3

Ha!! Look at that lol. That is a good statement. Im just going to have to say that and really stress to her that I really do believe you are trying here...but its just not productive. thanks Mimi! & LOL well, we cant all be dainty speakers. Somebody has to say it like it is! (just not to best friends icon_smile.gif )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%