Great British Bake Off!!

Lounge By loveattraction Updated 28 Aug 2013 , 12:14pm by LizzieAylett

loveattraction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loveattraction Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 6

Hello all!

This is mainly aimed at UK bakers, unless Bake Off is available in other countries? :D

I couldn't find any other threads on the Bake Off apart from one from 2009 so I though I could start one! What are your views on this years season?? Who are your fav's so far?

I am not sure who I am liking at the moment, I guess after tomorrow's bread episode we will see more from the contestants!

icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 9:18pm
post #2 of 6

AI wish it was on over here, Paul Hollywood did a US version but it wasn't very popular.

loveattraction Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 6

Ohhh yes, I totally forgot about that! How many episodes were there? They didn't mention that or his scandal in this show!!

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 10:20pm
post #4 of 6

AI think there were 8 or 10 episodes. The guy who won it cheated in one of the challenges, and would suddenly whip out crutches any time things weren't looking great for him. The other main contender was this lady who used a lot of processed ingredients and junk food in her baking, which annoyed me.

I only knew about the scandal from the British press, nobody knows who he is here even now. I think he made about as much of an impression as Vernon Kay when he presented skating on ice here a million years ago (ie none!).

loveattraction Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 11:51am
post #5 of 6

Aw man, that sucks! Sounds like it went a bit rubbish over there :(

LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 12:14pm
post #6 of 6

I love the UK version!  It really challenges me to stretch myself.  I try to do the technical bakes in the allotted time-frame to see how I would get on :-)  It would be good if they made the same instructions available as they give to the competitors so that we can be on even more of an even footing.

I've not yet watched last night's episode, but I felt that last week I would well have been in with a chance to not get kicked out.  But then cakes are my thing and I do them all the time!  Pastry and bread are areas I need to work on.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%