Well, Cc Sure Got Busy Today! Any Body Else About To Have A Seizure?

Lounge By Annabakescakes Updated 30 Aug 2013 , 4:41pm by BatterUpCake

Annabakescakes Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 5:55pm
post #1 of 33

GAUDY AS HECK! Someone let me know when it goes away? I will not be spending time on here, since just typing this has given me a headache. 

32 replies
BatterUpCake Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 33

What is gaudy Anna?

milkmaid42 Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 33

Aare you referring to the eye-splitting, garish new ad that absolutely covers the screen? I can't escape it and my head is spinning! Oh my gosh, it almost makes me appreciate Abilify!!!!! Never thought I'd say that!

 

Jan

rsquared02 Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 33

I noticed it last night when I checked the page from home.  My work computer must have security settings that block it.  

ddaigle Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 6:08pm
post #5 of 33

Hey...I'll put up with the circus crap over the blue robe with eyes following me around anyday!

BatterUpCake Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 33

No!!! I prefer the Abilify ad. This one hurts my eyes and makes me want to poke them out with fondant tools

milkmaid42 Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 6:30pm
post #7 of 33

Even when I shut my eyes I still see it. It is imprinted upon my retinas. Oh, the pain---------owieeeee. Two things now that I won't patronize. Just keep it up and I will certainly save my money. (Maybe I'll be able to afford a newly developing cake leveler....:)

 

Jan

AZCouture Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 6:32pm
post #8 of 33

I took matters into my own hands after that stupid Abilify pop up ad and other stuff ticked me off for the last time. I thought for sure CC would have done away with advertising like that after the complaints. Nothing wrong with side bar ads, and things that aren't INTRUSIVE and forceful, but the ones that would activate automatically...nope, that's just rude as far as I'm concerned. So they're gone. 

Annabakescakes Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 6:39pm
post #9 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture 

I took matters into my own hands after that stupid Abilify pop up ad and other stuff ticked me off for the last time. I thought for sure CC would have done away with advertising like that after the complaints. Nothing wrong with side bar ads, and things that aren't INTRUSIVE and forceful, but the ones that would activate automatically...nope, that's just rude as far as I'm concerned. So they're gone. 

Anybody know how I can do that on Chrome? My FireFox is acting up. 

shelbymama Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 7:00pm
post #10 of 33

It's not so bad right now at work, but last night on my laptop it was overwhelming!

Annabakescakes Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 7:35pm
post #11 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbymama 

It's not so bad right now at work, but last night on my laptop it was overwhelming!

I love that you are on CC at work!

Annabakescakes Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 7:37pm
post #12 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsquared02 

I noticed it last night when I checked the page from home.  My work computer must have security settings that block it.  

horrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle 

Hey...I'll put up with the circus crap over the blue robe with eyes following me around anyday!

IDK... this is eye/head splitting while the other is depressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

No!!! I prefer the Abilify ad. This one hurts my eyes and makes me want to poke them out with fondant tools

hurts eyes bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmaid42 

Even when I shut my eyes I still see it. It is imprinted upon my retinas. Oh, the pain---------owieeeee. Two things now that I won't patronize. Just keep it up and I will certainly save my money. (Maybe I'll be able to afford a newly developing cake leveler....:)

 

Jan

yep!

kikiandkyle Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 9:00pm
post #13 of 33

ALuckily it doesn't show up on the iPad. I was using my pc earlier and I found it so annoying I closed it.

jennicake Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 9:00pm
post #14 of 33

I'm only reading from my cell phone until it goes away.  Definitely headache inducing!!

Annabakescakes Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 9:05pm
post #15 of 33

WHOA! I just made my laptop go to mobile view, it is pretty disconcerting this large, on a 17" screen, but not half as disconcerting as the wild colors and blinking. 

jennicake Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 9:08pm
post #16 of 33

Didn't know you could do that!  I will do that too until the madness stops!  

 

Resize your browser window to something more narrow that doesn't take up your 17" screen... that should help with the disconcertion.  Is that a word?

Custom Cookies Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 9:26pm
post #17 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture 

I took matters into my own hands after that stupid Abilify pop up ad and other stuff ticked me off for the last time. I thought for sure CC would have done away with advertising like that after the complaints. Nothing wrong with side bar ads, and things that aren't INTRUSIVE and forceful, but the ones that would activate automatically...nope, that's just rude as far as I'm concerned. So they're gone. 


Can anybody tell me how to make them go away?  I have Firefox and a Mac if that helps.  I am much better at cookies than I am at computers.  Thanks!

shanter Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 10:21pm
post #18 of 33

For Firefox, you can download Ad-Block Plus.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

There should be good instructions. I never see any ads.

milkmaid42 Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 10:22pm
post #19 of 33

I'm starting to feel claustrophobic. Those sides keep squeezing and squeezing and squeezing in until the thread feels like it's suffocating. Hey, now I'm being anthropomorphic over a stupid column of text. This thing is really messing with my mind! Am I being hypnotized without my knowledge? Watch out, I feel a buying urge coming on!  icon_eek.gif

 

Jan

Custom Cookies Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 10:29pm
post #20 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanter 

For Firefox, you can download Ad-Block Plus.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

There should be good instructions. I never see any ads.


Thank you!  It was so easy even I could do it and it worked like magic.  What a relief!

shanter Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 10:54pm
post #21 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmaid42 

Watch out, I feel a buying urge coming on!  icon_eek.gif

 

Jan

 

Let's go shopping together. I love to watch other people spend their money. icon_biggrin.gif

milkmaid42 Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 11:02pm
post #22 of 33

Me too! Shall we use yours?

 

Jan

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 11:18pm
post #23 of 33

What?? You mean you don't just love the multicoloured diamonds, terrifying lion clown and the constantly flashing ad on the top?

 

Maybe you need abilify....

jennicake Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 11:19pm
post #24 of 33

I'm probably going to regret asking, but what is abilify?  Seems like I've been lucky enough to get bombarded by that ad!

BatterUpCake Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 11:22pm
post #25 of 33

it is a mediaction that you add to your existing antidepressant. It's a "booster"

jennicake Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 11:23pm
post #26 of 33

Ah.  Thanks for clarifying.  The ads seem to have annoyed so many people, its kind of like self-marketing!  "We will irritate you enough to need our drugs" hehe

BatterUpCake Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 11:24pm
post #27 of 33

lol...

Annabakescakes Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 11:36pm
post #28 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmaid42 

I'm starting to feel claustrophobic. Those sides keep squeezing and squeezing and squeezing in until the thread feels like it's suffocating. Hey, now I'm being anthropomorphic over a stupid column of text. This thing is really messing with my mind! Am I being hypnotized without my knowledge? Watch out, I feel a buying urge coming on!  icon_eek.gif

 

Jan

I really do feel claustrophobic from it when I happen to glance at it, accidentally...  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes 

What?? You mean you don't just love the multicoloured diamonds, terrifying lion clown and the constantly flashing ad on the top?

 

Maybe you need abilify....

You know, the cake is load enough, without adding the extra diamonds under it, then the blinking is horrible. 

soldiernurse Posted 30 Aug 2013 , 3:40pm
post #29 of 33

Geez Louise!!! I am sooooooooo glad that it is GONE!!!!!!!! It was the "Luck's" ad right? At least it was for me. It gave me a freakin' migraine. I had to get off!

 

Thanks to who ever got rid of it!!

Norasmom Posted 30 Aug 2013 , 3:54pm
post #30 of 33

3 words...Ad blocker software!!  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%