Help!

Baking By penelope1597 Updated 27 Aug 2013 , 12:19pm by penelope1597

penelope1597 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penelope1597 Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 10:20am
post #1 of 3

AI am making an Eiffel Tower cupcake topper from white chocolate discs that I will be coloring pink. How do I prevent them from melting once they come in contact with the buttercream? Also how do I avoid them breaking when I try to take them out of the candy mold? I have to pipe the chocolate in the mild because I can't fill it up all the way. Thanks.

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3087913/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

2 replies
darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 10:34am
post #2 of 3

I have never had any of my chocolate molds melt.  If you think about it, even the disks stay in shape/form in an average temperature room.  The disk or almond bark, won't melt if they come in contact with the buttercream.  At least, mine never have.  The buttercream has "moisture" but not the heat to melt your toppers.

I don't know what your molds are like, but all the ones I have made released easily by just bending it like I would an ice cube tray.

penelope1597 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penelope1597 Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 12:19pm
post #3 of 3

AThank you so much for your reply. It's the first time I'm doing them. I left one and I was cooking close to it so maybe the heat was the culprit. It's just that sometimes when I put fondant pieces they tend to melt, as the Eiffel Tower did yesterday, so I freaked out. Plus I live in PR and the heat is ridiculous!!!! Thanks again :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%