Oups --- Fondant And Cream? Any Luck It Will Hold??

Decorating By cakequestions Updated 26 Aug 2013 , 1:32pm by scwright

cakequestions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequestions Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 3

OK, so I made whipping cream from scratch and iced my cake with this, I then refrigerated it, took it out and added fondant decorations much like the one on my photo. (except this cake is not covered in fondant) I put the decorations on the cream and put it in the fridge, now I'm learning I did this all wrong but after 3 hours it looked fine, will it hold up until tomorrow afternoon or am I going to have a dripping mess? Also I added sprinkles all over the cake, will that keep it separated enough from the cream?

2 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 26 Aug 2013 , 1:07pm
post #2 of 3

I have no idea, but please let us know how it went! 

scwright Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scwright Posted 26 Aug 2013 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakequestions 

OK, so I made whipping cream from scratch and iced my cake with this, I then refrigerated it, took it out and added fondant decorations much like the one on my photo. (except this cake is not covered in fondant) I put the decorations on the cream and put it in the fridge, now I'm learning I did this all wrong but after 3 hours it looked fine, will it hold up until tomorrow afternoon or am I going to have a dripping mess? Also I added sprinkles all over the cake, will that keep it separated enough from the cream?

did you use a stabalized whipped cream?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%