darkchocolate Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 1:19pm
post #1 of

Where would be the best place to buy a cake stand like this?  Is this something I can keep for years to come, or do they loose their new look fast?

9 replies
BatterUpCake Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 1:28pm
post #2 of

I would try etsy or Ebay. I imagine if well taken care of and polished it could retain it's shine. Of course you get what you pay for so the material it is coated in will play a big part in that. I'm sure you already know to never place a cake directly on the stand. It is cheaper to buy a good product once then have to replace it a year down the road. Good luck in your hunt!

ddaigle Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 1:55pm
post #3 of

I've had one similar for about 4 ears I got at Hobby Lobby..in the bridal section.  It's still as shiny as day one.   It's a 14" and I use it a lot.  Using my 40% off coupon, I paid $30 bucks

BatterUpCake Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 2:04pm
post #4 of

I wish we would get a Hobby Lobby. Visited one in Ohio once. Michael's doesn't compare!

darkchocolate Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 2:24pm
post #5 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle 

I've had one similar for about 4 ears I got at Hobby Lobby..in the bridal section.  It's still as shiny as day one.   It's a 14" and I use it a lot.  Using my 40% off coupon, I paid $30 bucks

I would have never guessed Hobby Lobby. I do have one about 30 miles away, so I will check them out the next time. I never been in the bridal section, just the cake decorating section.

darkchocolate Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 2:24pm
post #6 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

I would try etsy or Ebay. I imagine if well taken care of and polished it could retain it's shine. Of course you get what you pay for so the material it is coated in will play a big part in that. I'm sure you already know to never place a cake directly on the stand. It is cheaper to buy a good product once then have to replace it a year down the road. Good luck in your hunt!

Thanks, BatterUp,

 

I will check out Ebay and Etsy.

ddaigle Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 5:21pm
post #7 of

AYes it is a regularly stocked item at Hobby Lobby

darkchocolate Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 5:35pm
post #8 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle 

Yes it is a regularly stocked item at Hobby Lobby

Thanks, that is great to know.

Chriscupcake Posted 27 Dec 2013 , 7:23pm
post #9 of

Hi I bought one of those and use it all the time as it has stayed very nice. You can get them from Cakestandland plus other lovely ones too.

JWinslow Posted 27 Dec 2013 , 7:32pm

If your Hobby Lobby doesn't have it in stock, they can order it for you or you can use their online shop.   Look at the top of the page to get your 40% coupon code.

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/14-ornate-silver-cake-plateau-172288/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%