Magic Line Vs Fat Daddios

Decorating By kvand Updated 28 Aug 2013 , 1:07pm by ddaigle

kvand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kvand Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 9:51am
post #1 of 4

AHi all,

I am a licensed custom caker. I have decided I need to upgrade my pans as many of them are from when I first started baking and are either the celebrate-it pans or Wilton pans from michaels. I have bought some fat daddio pans and quite like them but keep hearing all about magic line pans. Can you offer some opinions? Which are better? Also, I am a 2" pan kinda girl:) looking forward to hearing your opinions!

3 replies
Sakura Blossom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sakura Blossom Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 5:47am
post #2 of 4

AHi, I never tried Fat Daddios pans but I have Magic Line pans. I am extremely in love with them. Cakes bake evenly even without the strip, they are sturdy. I also love the square pans with sharp and crisp edges. I would not change them for anything. However, before upgrading to Magic line, I did some research and heard about the same thing about Fat Daddios. My opinion is that you need to try both of them to know your own baking preference.

Daisyblue002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisyblue002 Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 12:59pm
post #3 of 4

I love my Fat Daddio tins; have an 8in square and about 5 round tins in various sizes (I think they're 3 in deep). I find they bake my mud cakes evenly, are easy to clean and they're so durable. The square tin doesn't have super sharp corners but you can achieve sharp edges once the cake is ganached and covered in fondant. Best of luck. 

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 1:07pm
post #4 of 4

I'm a magic line gal...but I think Fat Daddio is a good brand too.   As long as the square & rectangle pans have razor sharp corners, I would then shop for the best price. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%