I Am Hooked!!!

Baking By reedrts Updated 20 Sep 2013 , 3:41am by yummy

reedrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reedrts Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 5:03am
post #1 of 23

Finally got around to making a batch of creme bouquet at home. I have never used it before and I have got to tellyou all...I made a batch of buttercream tonight with CB and I thought I'd died and gone to HEAVEN! There is no way to describe the taste or how it enhances food. The only way I know how to state it is that is has that "bakery taste". It is really good, and a little goes a LONG way. I only had to use 1/4 tsp for one regular batch of frosting.

22 replies
milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 23

I'm just a little confused. CB is absolutely one of my favorites. Did you mean you made your own Creme Bouquet, or BC with commercial CB? At any rate, I love it, too!

Jan

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 23

I think she meant the commercial stuff. My favorite is the Princess. Now I have to try the creme bouquet

milkmaid42 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 2:36pm
post #4 of 23

It is my understanding that Creme Bouquet varies from brand to  brand. I like the Kitchen Krafts brand and I buy it in the 8  oz. bottle. I've not tried any other and if it came in, (and if I could afford it), I'd get in in the gallon size! (Just a little hyperbole there...) I'm interested in your response when you try it.

I have the Princess but haven't tried it yet. I keep intending to so maybe today I'll try it in some sugar cookies.

Ahhhh, so much to try and so little time!  icon_biggrin.gif

Jan

soldiernurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soldiernurse Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 2:39pm
post #5 of 23

AWhat is creme bouquet and what is it used for?:shock:

milkmaid42 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 2:45pm
post #6 of 23

It is a flavoring that I, too, am hooked on. I find it a delicious addition to my buttercream and I also use it, in addition to vanilla, in a lot of my WASCs.

Here is a link:

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product/creme-bouquet-flavor/food-flavorings

Jan

soldiernurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soldiernurse Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 2:56pm
post #7 of 23

AThanks Jan!

MeghanKelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeghanKelly Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 3:30pm
post #8 of 23

I use CB in all my buttercream but I don't make it, I buy it from the supply store.  LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  Little goes a long way.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 3:38pm
post #9 of 23

I used to love cream bouquet....now my fav is Cream Royale!   

milkmaid42 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 3:44pm
post #10 of 23

As I said in an above post, so much to try and so little time. I've thought about Creme Royale, but ended up with what I was already familiar with. Perhaps I should have purchased CB in smaller amounts and I would have been more likely to try another. I guess I'll keep the option open.

Jan

BatterUpCake Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 3:52pm
post #11 of 23

Now that I think about it I read that the Princess by Lorann is very similar to  Creme Bouquet. What are the flavors of it?

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 6:05pm
post #12 of 23

Crème Royale, Crème bouquet, Princess flavoring......so many choices. I just fake it with Vanilla, Lemon, & Almond extracts. 'course I don't do volume caking. How does Crème Royale get a Kentucky background?

reedrts Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 7:24pm
post #13 of 23

HI Jan:

I made my own creme bouquet and put it in homemade buttercream. Nice to meet you!

Marie

reedrts Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 7:26pm
post #14 of 23

Hi Batter:

Nope, I made my own creme bouquet. What does Princess taste like?

Nice to meet you!

Marie

reedrts Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 7:29pm
post #15 of 23

PS Jan:

What's a WASC? Im brand new to the forum and don't know the lingo yet.

BatterUpCake Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 8:09pm
post #16 of 23

WASC is White Almond Sour Cream....a doctored mix which is heavenly IMO. The Princess is Almond, vanilla and citrus

milkmaid42 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 8:17pm
post #17 of 23

Welcome, reedrts.

To answer you question first, WASC is the acronym for White Almond Sour Cream cake. It is a popular flavor with numerous variations. Most frequently it is made with a box mix as a base. You can find it and lots of others in the recipe section. In fact, the name is somewhat of a misnomer for often it contains neither sour cream nor almond. icon_rolleyes.gif

Before the switch to the new format, there was a page of the common acronyms found here on CC. Perhaps you can locate it and get brought up to speed.

As to the creme bouquet, before I started buying it commercially, I tried making my own with lemon, vanilla, and almond. It was good, but not quite the same.

Jan

milkmaid42 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 8:18pm
post #18 of 23

Oooops, I got delayed in posting. Looks like your question was already answered.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 9:50pm
post #19 of 23
reedrts Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 12:09am
post #20 of 23

LOL thanks Jan Nice to meet you!

vldutoit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vldutoit Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 1:04am
post #21 of 23

1 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond
1 tsp butter
This is from the Wilton web-site.  Is this the recipe you used?  WASC is white almond sour cream cake.  Use the search and you will find numerous recipes for it.

ttaunt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttaunt Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 1:42am
post #22 of 23

Marie,how do you make your own cream bouquet flaoring? I buy it all the time I love it.

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 20 Sep 2013 , 3:41am
post #23 of 23

These may be a silly questions, but when making your own blend like the recipe given above, do you blend it together then use a certain amount to flavor your bc or do you put a tsp of each into the bc?  When you guys say a single batch of bc, how many cups of ps are you referring to; 1 lb. (4 cups) or are you talking Sugarshack's full mixer batch?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%