reedrts Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 5:03am
post #1 of

Finally got around to making a batch of creme bouquet at home. I have never used it before and I have got to tellyou all...I made a batch of buttercream tonight with CB and I thought I'd died and gone to HEAVEN! There is no way to describe the taste or how it enhances food. The only way I know how to state it is that is has that "bakery taste". It is really good, and a little goes a LONG way. I only had to use 1/4 tsp for one regular batch of frosting.

22 replies
milkmaid42 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 1:58pm
post #2 of

I'm just a little confused. CB is absolutely one of my favorites. Did you mean you made your own Creme Bouquet, or BC with commercial CB? At any rate, I love it, too!

Jan

BatterUpCake Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 2:03pm
post #3 of

I think she meant the commercial stuff. My favorite is the Princess. Now I have to try the creme bouquet

milkmaid42 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 2:36pm
post #4 of

It is my understanding that Creme Bouquet varies from brand to  brand. I like the Kitchen Krafts brand and I buy it in the 8  oz. bottle. I've not tried any other and if it came in, (and if I could afford it), I'd get in in the gallon size! (Just a little hyperbole there...) I'm interested in your response when you try it.

I have the Princess but haven't tried it yet. I keep intending to so maybe today I'll try it in some sugar cookies.

Ahhhh, so much to try and so little time!  icon_biggrin.gif

Jan

soldiernurse Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 2:39pm
post #5 of

AWhat is creme bouquet and what is it used for?:shock:

milkmaid42 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 2:45pm
post #6 of

It is a flavoring that I, too, am hooked on. I find it a delicious addition to my buttercream and I also use it, in addition to vanilla, in a lot of my WASCs.

Here is a link:

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product/creme-bouquet-flavor/food-flavorings

Jan

soldiernurse Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 2:56pm
post #7 of

AThanks Jan!

MeghanKelly Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 3:30pm
post #8 of

I use CB in all my buttercream but I don't make it, I buy it from the supply store.  LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  Little goes a long way.

ddaigle Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 3:38pm
post #9 of

I used to love cream bouquet....now my fav is Cream Royale!   

milkmaid42 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 3:44pm

As I said in an above post, so much to try and so little time. I've thought about Creme Royale, but ended up with what I was already familiar with. Perhaps I should have purchased CB in smaller amounts and I would have been more likely to try another. I guess I'll keep the option open.

Jan

BatterUpCake Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 3:52pm

Now that I think about it I read that the Princess by Lorann is very similar to  Creme Bouquet. What are the flavors of it?

MBalaska Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 6:05pm

Crème Royale, Crème bouquet, Princess flavoring......so many choices. I just fake it with Vanilla, Lemon, & Almond extracts. 'course I don't do volume caking. How does Crème Royale get a Kentucky background?

reedrts Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 7:24pm

HI Jan:

I made my own creme bouquet and put it in homemade buttercream. Nice to meet you!

Marie

reedrts Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 7:26pm

Hi Batter:

Nope, I made my own creme bouquet. What does Princess taste like?

Nice to meet you!

Marie

reedrts Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 7:29pm

PS Jan:

What's a WASC? Im brand new to the forum and don't know the lingo yet.

BatterUpCake Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 8:09pm

WASC is White Almond Sour Cream....a doctored mix which is heavenly IMO. The Princess is Almond, vanilla and citrus

milkmaid42 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 8:17pm

Welcome, reedrts.

To answer you question first, WASC is the acronym for White Almond Sour Cream cake. It is a popular flavor with numerous variations. Most frequently it is made with a box mix as a base. You can find it and lots of others in the recipe section. In fact, the name is somewhat of a misnomer for often it contains neither sour cream nor almond. icon_rolleyes.gif

Before the switch to the new format, there was a page of the common acronyms found here on CC. Perhaps you can locate it and get brought up to speed.

As to the creme bouquet, before I started buying it commercially, I tried making my own with lemon, vanilla, and almond. It was good, but not quite the same.

Jan

milkmaid42 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 8:18pm

Oooops, I got delayed in posting. Looks like your question was already answered.

shanter Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 9:50pm

Some of the acronyms are explained here:

http://cakecentral.com/t/762441/can-people-tell-what-all-the-abbreviation-stand-for

reedrts Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 12:09am

LOL thanks Jan Nice to meet you!

vldutoit Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 1:04am

1 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond
1 tsp butter
This is from the Wilton web-site.  Is this the recipe you used?  WASC is white almond sour cream cake.  Use the search and you will find numerous recipes for it.

ttaunt Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 1:42am

Marie,how do you make your own cream bouquet flaoring? I buy it all the time I love it.

yummy Posted 20 Sep 2013 , 3:41am

These may be a silly questions, but when making your own blend like the recipe given above, do you blend it together then use a certain amount to flavor your bc or do you put a tsp of each into the bc?  When you guys say a single batch of bc, how many cups of ps are you referring to; 1 lb. (4 cups) or are you talking Sugarshack's full mixer batch?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%