Buttercream + Fondant Cake Storage ??

Decorating By AKJ2908 Updated 23 Aug 2013 , 2:48pm by Smckinney07

AKJ2908 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKJ2908 Posted 23 Aug 2013 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 2

Hello,

i am new to baking and decoration. i have 3 questions:

1. I am making cake with Strawberry compot  and white cholcolate mouse. then cover it with Meringue butter cream (from merinque powder) and then over it with Fondant (brand Satin Ice). my question, since the cake has Perishable items, i need to keep it in fridge. But since the fondant is already covered, the problem is, that it gets hard if I keep in the fridge, I am also planning to paint on the fondant. I will bake 4 dasy in advance. Could anyone suggest me if this will work, that the cake will not go hayway.

2. A general queation, how many days a cake covered with Fondant stays at room temperature ?

3. For a round cake pan which is 10 inch round and 4 inch deep, how much cake batter in Kg (not Cup) i need ?? how long should i bake this cake at what temperature ??

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Alpa

1 reply
Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 23 Aug 2013 , 2:48pm
post #2 of 2

Ahttp://ericaobrien.com/blog/2012/04/2730194043094325741.html This chart has suggested baking times and batter amounts. I have no idea it depends on the recipe, a mudcake would take much longer then a Spongecake. I would use a flower nail or heating core for a larger pan.

If you have perishable fillings/frosting the fondant isn't going to keep it from going bad, it will need to be refrigerated. Can you make, fill, cover and refrigerate then decorate the day of the party?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%