Wedding Cake Disaster/ebay

Decorating By Theresakr34 Updated 23 Aug 2013 , 12:01pm by bubs1stbirthday

Theresakr34 Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 12

AWho asks for a stack of tires for a wedding cake? Honey boo boo's parents??

11 replies
AZCouture Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 12

????

jennicake Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 12

ouch!

A stack of tires is not my style at all, but the original was very nicely done.  I can see someone wanting it if they are into cars, motorcycles, etc

soldiernurse Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennicake 

ouch!

A stack of tires is not my style at all, but the original was very nicely done.  I can see someone wanting it if they are into cars, motorcycles, etc

Godot Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 8:38pm
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresakr34 

Who asks for a stack of tires for a wedding cake? Honey boo boo's parents??

No idea who or what a Honey Boo-Boo is, but seriously - who are you to judge?

It's great that more and more couples are choosing cakes which mirror themselves and their interests! It makes for creative caking. Maybe the couple own a car dealership, or are members of an antique car club , or are into motorcycles  - the possibilities are endless.

Or maybe you really WANT to make the same old 80s retro nightmare with bridges and plastic tchotchkes and satellite cakes and crap.....

Or the rough-iced cake with one big peony.....

Godot Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 8:38pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresakr34 

Who asks for a stack of tires for a wedding cake? Honey boo boo's parents??

It's great that more and more couples are choosing cakes which mirror themselves and their interests! It makes for creative caking. Maybe the couple own a car dealership, or are members of an antique car club , or are into motorcycles  - the possibilities are endless.

Or maybe you really WANT to make the same old 80s retro nightmare with bridges and plastic tchotchkes and satellite cakes and crap.....

vgcea Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 8:46pm
post #7 of 12

AI read that the couple are racers or racing mechanics. Something to do with racing so it makes sense for them to choose a cake that matches their interests. Isn't that one of the things we ask when a client is trying to decide on a design?

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 9:17pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godot 

Hey now, I love the single peony! Hate making it, but love getting orders for it.

Slam, bam, thank you ma'am... easy money :)

Godot Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 9:54pm
post #9 of 12

AMe too. I did about a hundred of those last year. Each and every couple thought they were just SOOOOOO original.

Those cakes gave my employees lots of GP peony practice!

Kadesan Posted 23 Aug 2013 , 10:19am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgcea 

I read that the couple are racers or racing mechanics. Something to do with racing so it makes sense for them to choose a cake that matches their interests. Isn't that one of the things we ask when a client is trying to decide on a design?

Exactly.

as you wish Posted 23 Aug 2013 , 11:32am
post #11 of 12

APerhaps they just wanted three tiers but there was some sort of spelling fiasco or dyslexic issue and they got three "tires" instead. ;) Seriously though, why not tires? Variety is spice of life after all!

bubs1stbirthday Posted 23 Aug 2013 , 12:01pm
post #12 of 12

Ha - how rude. My FIL collects / restores tractors and I made him a Tractor tyre cake for his birthday that has just gone - and even though it certainly wasn't fantastic he loved it, each to his own I say!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%