Customers Who Threaten

Business By Number2daughter Updated 28 Aug 2013 , 11:06am by MimiFix

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 3:05am
post #31 of 32

I understand your reluctance to not force people into signing contracts for every cake. I don't, in my area people would run if they had to sign a contract for a birthday cake. But what you can do (and I now do), is set a dollar amount where if the cake is over $200.00 they must sign a contract.

People do understand that, expensive custom work requires a contract. It's a mark of your professionalism that you require it.

I feel for you though, dealing with clients remarks can be hard to deal with and work through. Remember that each time something like that happens you learn from it and become a better business person.... that makes you ready for the next challenging customer.

P.S. Your cake turned out GREAT!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 11:06am
post #32 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiFix   I can understand everyone's concern, but none of us know this customer. She may have simply made a thoughtless remark. (Nothing we would ever do, right?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number2daughter   Letting everyone know how the order turned out....Yes,she paid. How satisfied was she?- said I would be getting all of their "service" from now on....Lesson learned...wonder what's next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitches   dealing with clients remarks can be hard to deal with and work through. Remember that each time something like that happens you learn from it and become a better business person.... that makes you ready for the next challenging customer.

P.S. Your cake turned out GREAT!

I'm so glad it all worked out. Your venture will become easier as you learn to step back from emotional issues. You are an entrepreneur and your art is now a business.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%