Cake Reactions...

Decorating By shebysuz

shebysuz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebysuz Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 1

So I was wondering what everyone's best/ worst reactions were to a cake they've made. My favorite was a big burly 50 year old guy who walked in the room to a surprise replica cake of his favorite guitar...his eyes bugged out and as he got a closer look he squealed like a girl and covered his mouth as if saying " Oh my!" and then his legs kind of dipped down like he was weak in the knees! Funniest thing I've ever seen. On the other hand, I have never got a bad reaction to a cake BUT one thing I have figured out early on is that people are so oblivious to the fact that cakes are an edible art form and you just can't take any flat or underwhelming reactions to heart. I just finished a beautiful 4 tier Luau cake and I happened to also be a guest at the party so I was able to be a fly on the wall. I overheard a lady say " hmm. Fondant. not good." Other guests comments ranged from ' I can't believe what I'm seeing, honey get the camera!" to just a simple and dry " cool". I was thinking Wow,  over 12 hours of work, lack of sleep,  and a stressful white- knuckled delivery drive and that's all it is ? "cool"? 

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%