Billiard Cupcake Decorating

Baking By Archer21 Updated 18 Aug 2013 , 9:43pm by Smckinney07

Archer21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Archer21 Posted 18 Aug 2013 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 3

My boyfriend loves playing pool and I'm planning his birthday cupcakes (he was deployed last year so I want this to be very special) . I'm not good at making fondant( big disaster) , so I'm thinking I should just get premade white fondant and paint each circle to represent each billiard ball.

So here's the question: Should I use the dusting powder to color the circles? Or use gel colors? what would work best? His birthday is in 21 days so I got enough time.  I never dealt with fondant till now what have you guys tried?

2 replies
still_learning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
still_learning Posted 18 Aug 2013 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 3

AYou should check out a copy of Hello, Cupcake. They have billard ball cupcakes in there that just use sanding sugar and necco wafers to get the look - no fondant needed. They are really cute and don't look very difficult. Good luck!

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 18 Aug 2013 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 3

AYou could do it easily with a crusting BC too, if you wanted to skip the fondant.

If you do use fondant color before you cover your cupcakes. Especially for the darker colors (you might just want to purchase or use black icing) but use gel coloring.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%