How Do I Make The Shoes On This Cake?

Decorating By SillyMomma Updated 24 Aug 2013 , 1:50pm by SillyMomma

SillyMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SillyMomma Posted 17 Aug 2013 , 11:35pm
post #1 of 4

http://cakecentral.com/g/i/1231825/here-is-my-version-of-a-wizard-of-oz-cake-white-cake-bc-icing-mmf-poppies-lollipops-and-bluebirds-tfl/

Any suggestions for the tip used to make the shoes on this cake?

Does it look like there is colored sugar on them and the rest of the cake as well?

Is an airbrush used for the grass and sky?

Any tip suggestions for the border and yellow brick road?

Any input, advice, and thoughts are appreciated.  Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

3 replies
Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 18 Aug 2013 , 12:13am
post #2 of 4

AYes, it's airbrushed. If you don't have one they have color mist spray available at craft stores-I've never used it.

There is some sanding sugar on the cake.

The Ruby Slippers are outlined with a small round tip and maybe a star tip filling it in (hard to tell from my little screen).

The Yellow Brick Road is a piping tip also, the one that makes ruffles, that's all it is ruffles.

Everything looks piped aside from the birds, flowers, and lollipops (I think she stated mmf was used).

Get creative and make your own version, it doesn't need to be a replica.

still_learning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
still_learning Posted 18 Aug 2013 , 1:54pm
post #3 of 4

AI'm thinking that it's cake sparkles rather than sanding sugar scattered throughout the cake. It doesn't look like they used very much at all - just sprinkled a bit after piping/air brushing the details.

SillyMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SillyMomma Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 1:50pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.  I will work on on figuring out the best way to put it together.  I'm sure it won't be a replica, but my daughter will want it to be close to a replica with her personality.  We may negotiate some of the details.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%