Getting Feelings Hurt, Feeling Discouraged In Baking/decorating Or Just Life? Consider The Turtle.....

Business By MBalaska Updated 15 Aug 2013 , 1:50am by MBalaska

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 14 Aug 2013 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 6

If you're allowing your feelings to be hurt on a regular basis, or if your having disappointing issues with a recipe or a design, or if you have tough times with the folks around you........May two little tidbits that were passed on to me, be shared with you. 

Consider the turtle.  'Rock hard on the outside, soft on the inside, yet has to stick his neck out to get ahead.' 

and the quote  Success being with a fellow's will;
It's all in the state of mind.uccess being with a fellow's will;
It's all in the state of mind.If you think you are beaten, you are;
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you'd like to win, but think you can't
It's almost a cinch you won'
by  Walter D. Wintle  "...........it's all in your state of mind..........."

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/327729-if-you-think-you-are-beaten-you-are-if-you............

5 replies
MBalaska Posted 14 Aug 2013 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 6

& Oh yes, the CakeCentral experience is an invaluable asset also.

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 14 Aug 2013 , 11:40pm
post #3 of 6

And remember the one common denominator in all of your problems is YOU! You cannot change people, places or things around you. Only how you choose to deal with them and let them affect your state of mind.

embersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
embersmom Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 12:20am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

And remember the one common denominator in all of your problems is YOU! You cannot change people, places or things around you. Only how you choose to deal with them and let them affect your state of mind.

THIS :nodding:

It's taken me a very long time to heed this lesson.  I still have my moments, but overall I'm much better at picking my battles and adjusting my state of mind than I was when I was younger.

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 12:44am
post #5 of 6

You are correct - frame of mind is everything.  I recently had to fire 2 employees, the first time I've ever done that.  I had always expected that it would be devastating, that I would have to be furious in order to fire someone.  Not so.  My mindset is now "Simple fact - this is my business and I have to take care of it.  I MUST have people I can depend on, and if I can't depend on you then you need to move on.  If you can't follow my rules then you need to go."

I have to believe that my business will always be a VERY successful one and every decision I make will insure that it is.

MBalaska Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 1:50am
post #6 of 6

glad you find this positive mind set productive.  Please click on the address and read the whole quote from Mr.  Wintle.  It's a beautiful poem that I carried in my wallet from my youth.  Like a road map, so that when I get lost, I can steer myself back on path.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%