Baking By alexouuxx Updated 12 Aug 2013 , 11:12pm by scrumdiddlycakes

alexouuxx Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 6

AHi. I'm looking for a subtitute of emulsifier ?


5 replies
Stitches Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 2:50pm
post #2 of 6

You'd have to define what emulsifier your looking to replace. Your question is too vague. Egg yolks are an emulsifier.....

alexouuxx Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 2:56pm
post #3 of 6

ASorry i need to replace it in icing receipe

alexouuxx Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 3:01pm
post #4 of 6

AI already have white eggs in it.

auzzi Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 10:31pm
post #5 of 6
Hi-ratio shortening is an emulsified shortening.
To quote Wayne Gisslen, emulsified shortening is often used in icings because it can hold more sugar and liquid without curdling.
You can use it by itself, or in varying proportions with butter to acheive a better taste/mouth-feel.
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 11:12pm
post #6 of 6

What type of icing? (recipe)

Quote by @%username% on %date%