Need Help Obtaining The Color Crimson Red !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By bk111057 Updated 31 Oct 2013 , 10:45am by pghritchie

bk111057 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bk111057 Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 11:50am
post #1 of 10

Can someone please help me! I have searched everywhere and cannot find a chart that will let me know how I can get the color crimson red. I need to put icing on some cupcakes in a couple of weeks and they have to have crimson red icing on them. Can someone out there hep me figure out what colors to mix together to obtain this color?

9 replies
tomsann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomsann Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 12:01pm
post #2 of 10

Hi, Have you tried using the americolor super red and adding just a bit of super black???

JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 12:04pm
post #3 of 10

Yes make sure you use Americolor, they are the greatest at achieving the hard dark colors.  I always buy all shades of red to have on hand in case I need to mix a few shades to get what I'm looking for. Good luck!

bk111057 Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 10

Where do they sell Americolor? I have never heard of that. I usually buy the Wilton coloring. I have only got Red Red, No taste red and burgundy. I have nevr tried Americolor because I have never heard of it. Where can u buy it at?

bk111057 Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 3:08pm
post #5 of 10

I guess I do have some Americolor in the squezze bottles I thought I just had the Wilton gel. How much black would I put with it. Do u know what shade of red I would need to get Crimson red when adding the black? Someone told me they thought crimson red had a purple tone in it. I guess maybe the black mixed with the red would create a purple effect.

pghritchie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pghritchie Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 3:44pm
post #6 of 10

AOk.....EasierSolutionForYou.....I Make My Bc Then Add A Packet Of Strawberry Or Cherry Kool Aid. It Gets A Dark Pink Color And I Dont Have To Add Nearly As Much Red Colring And It Tastes Wayyyyy Better. My Customers Love It!

tomsann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomsann Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 3:50pm
post #7 of 10

HI, this a rose that was colored with americolor super red and just a bit of super black

See if you like it

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 4:16pm
post #8 of 10

AIf you make your icing a couple days before and start coloring it should deepen overnight. I don't know where your located or if you'd have time to order some airbrush colors-I like using their colors.

bk111057 Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 6:27pm
post #9 of 10

I like the rose it looks awesome! pghritchie does the koolaid being added change the flavor to make it taste like strawberry or cherry? Smckinney07 I really don't have much time I need it in a few days. Thanks all for the help.

pghritchie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pghritchie Posted 31 Oct 2013 , 10:45am
post #10 of 10

Yep....it definitely changes the flavor, but most people are happy because it doesn't taste so bitter

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%