So Off Topic

Lounge By BatterUpCake Updated 12 Aug 2013 , 1:46am by BatterUpCake

BatterUpCake Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 5:32am
post #1 of 17

Ok i have been single for awhile. Well the guy I recently hired to produce my cake stands s very handsome and seems to have everything going for him. Problem??? The business deal we have is phenomenal. I seldom find anyone compatible with me because I ride motorcycles, Im artistic, I am risky financially...Well he is exactly the same. I quit dating because every man I have dated has cheated. Part of me says go for it. Another part says no...we have a great business prop going. What would you do? Stay pro or havea fun flirt//date thing?

16 replies
carmijok Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 6:47am
post #2 of 17

AI think the saying is...'don't s**t where you eat.'

I would keep it strictly business and enjoy the friendship. Get to know each other as business partners and friends first and give yourself time to really get to know who this person is. If it turns out he's a player not only will you have dodged a bullet...but you will still have a good working relationship.

If he's a good guy you can always pursue it later. IMHO ! :smile:

MBalaska Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 7:16am
post #3 of 17

Quote:

Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 
........I quit dating because every man I have dated has cheated........

Join the club, we've got jackets......... if you need, and I mean need, your current job for your livelihood:

then don't poo  in your own messkit.

When you stop looking around you and don't focus on everything in the rear view mirror of your life;  you can move yourself confidently forward towards your hearts desire, your goals, securing your happiness, & your financial independence. Then suddenly without really trying you'll bump into someone going the same way along your path.

if he's the one, let him prove it to you, not through words....... but rather through a long series of solid consistent verifiable unfailing respectful mature actions.

I could be wrong.

BatterUpCake Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 11:52am
post #4 of 17

Yeah...I decided not to flirt back but keep it friendly and professional. I don't have time or really much interest in dating anymore anyway. I need a good craftsman more than I need a man

Baking Sis Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 12:05pm
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

Ok i have been single for awhile. Well the guy I recently hired to produce my cake stands s very handsome and seems to have everything going for him. Problem??? The business deal we have is phenomenal. I seldom find anyone compatible with me because I ride motorcycles, Im artistic, I am risky financially...Well he is exactly the same. I quit dating because every man I have dated has cheated. Part of me says go for it. Another part says no...we have a great business prop going. What would you do? Stay pro or havea fun flirt//date thing?

Stay professional...no question. 

MimiFix Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 3:06pm
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake   I need a good craftsman more than I need a man

 

We've all heard about (office) romances that turn sour.

Norasmom Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 3:22pm
post #7 of 17

AGet to know him better and then GO FOR IT! You never know....

BrandisBaked Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 3:22pm
post #8 of 17

AHmmm... I would take a chance.

morganchampagne Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 3:32pm
post #9 of 17

AI don't normally recommend mixing business and pleasure...BUT. This isn't like a job where you are both employed by somebody else. It's really more your idea coming to life through his hands kinda like Partners. Soooo you're halfway there lol!

I think you should maybe flirt a little drop some hints or what have you! You never know where it could go!!

carmijok Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 5:39pm
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by morganchampagne 

I don't normally recommend mixing business and pleasure...BUT. This isn't like a job where you are both employed by somebody else. It's really more your idea coming to life through his hands kinda like Partners. Soooo you're halfway there lol!

I think you should maybe flirt a little drop some hints or what have you! You never know where it could go!!

....
Exactly.  You don't know where it could go.  Possibly down the drain and then BOOM!...tears, drama and she has to find someone else to take his place.  Or maybe she finds out she's not as attracted to him as she thought she was...only he's really into her...then she has figure out if she can end the relationship without ending the partnership (no). 

 

There's nothing wrong with just working with a guy!  Doesn't matter if you are working for a company or independent contractors...when you want to do a JOB and do it well, playing flirty games with  your partner and creating baggage that can come with a relationship is not a good way to start or keep a business.

 

For reasons unknown, people who always are getting hurt in relationships do so because they tend to be attracted to the kind of people that treat them badly.  The OP may very well be subconsciously attracted to this guy because he has the same underlying traits of the guys that have cheated on her before!

 

So rather than risk a promising business endeavor right from the start, why not create a positive work environment where there are no games, but where she can also see first hand and over time how this individual REALLY is.   Could be the start of something stable and wonderful.  Or it could just be a good friendship/partnership.  Either way, there's no good reason to jump into anything right away and every good reason to keep it professional... 

which, apparently the OP has decided to do.  Good for her!   

BatterUpCake Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 6:17pm
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok 

....
Exactly.  You don't know where it could go.  Possibly down the drain and then BOOM!...tears, drama and she has to find someone else to take his place.  Or maybe she finds out she's not as attracted to him as she thought she was...only he's really into her...then she has figure out if she can end the relationship without ending the partnership (no). 

 

There's nothing wrong with just working with a guy!  Doesn't matter if you are working for a company or independent contractors...when you want to do a JOB and do it well, playing flirty games with  your partner and creating baggage that can come with a relationship is not a good way to start or keep a business.

 

For reasons unknown, people who always are getting hurt in relationships do so because they tend to be attracted to the kind of people that treat them badly.  The OP may very well be subconsciously attracted to this guy because he has the same underlying traits of the guys that have cheated on her before!

 

So rather than risk a promising business endeavor right from the start, why not create a positive work environment where there are no games, but where she can also see first hand and over time how this individual REALLY is.   Could be the start of something stable and wonderful.  Or it could just be a good friendship/partnership.  Either way, there's no good reason to jump into anything right away and every good reason to keep it professional... 

which, apparently the OP has decided to do.  Good for her!   

I agree 100%.

BrandisBaked Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 6:51pm
post #12 of 17

AI have ended relationships on good with most of my exes and stayed friends. I'm not the dramatic type, so I guess I don't understand why you can't try dating someone and remain on good terms if it doesn't work out. And if you are interested, I don't see why you shouldn't take the risk

morganchampagne Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 10:12pm
post #13 of 17

A

Original message sent by BrandisBaked

I have ended relationships on good with most of my exes and stayed friends. I'm not the dramatic type, so I guess I don't understand why you can't try dating someone and remain on good terms if it doesn't work out. And if you are interested, I don't see why you shouldn't take the risk

Yeah! But I tend to have an overly optimistic view of things idk

AZCouture Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 11:33pm
post #14 of 17

AGo for it lady!

AZCouture Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 11:36pm
post #15 of 17

AOMG....I just read your pm. Thank you!!

BatterUpCake Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 11:52pm
post #16 of 17

icon_wink.gif

BatterUpCake Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 1:46am
post #17 of 17

Well in our conversation today the wife came up. Thats a good thing though. Makes it certain to remain professional.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%