Presenting Cakes To Customers So They Can Transport Them Home

Business By Sweet Minikins Updated 11 Aug 2013 , 1:58am by owatto

Sweet Minikins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet Minikins Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone,

I'm completely new to this forum so please excuse me if this has been posted about before. I have recently launched my own little cake decorating business quiet unexpectedly. Like a lot of other people, I stumbled upon it accidentally so am having to learn everything very quickly as I go along. For the most part, the majority of my cakes up until now have been for friends/family/people that I know. Baring this in mind, when they have come to collect their cake or I've dropped it off, it's been pretty lax (normally I'll deliver it in one of my resuable cake caddies or if the cake has been too big, I've taken it on a firm caddy base and covered it with a clean tea towel).

Now I'm starting to get orders in for "real" clients. I know this sounds silly, but how to do other businesses present their cakes for customers so they can transport them home? I have tried searching for cardboard cake boxes but I've found the search really difficult. Most boxes I find would be too small in size to fit any of my cakes. I'm located in Australia so I'm not sure if I'm just looking in the wrong place? 

Any tips or advice would be really appreciated!

Jessie icon_smile.gif

3 replies
as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 4
Sweet Minikins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet Minikins Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 11:34pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for some of those! A couple I have seen before but one I haven't so I will check it out. Thanks :)

owatto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
owatto Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 1:58am
post #4 of 4

Hi, im a fellow aussie, I usually put the cake in a box, usually with no lid as the cake is too tall. I always put some non slip stuff underneath the cake board as I have had some that have slid in the box and the buttercream got smudged. 

You can get boxes from bio packaging online http://www.biopackaging.com.au/Cake-Supplies-s/20.htm

They have quite a lot of stuff for cakes. Also try googling packaing companies, or cake boards in google and most placed that do boards will do boxes. 

I usually get my boxes from a local cake shop in Dandenong (in Victoria). I sometimes get cupcake boxes from a lady on ebay, who happens to live near my work so I can pick them up. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%