Rag Doll Cake

Decorating By deborah mac Updated 9 Aug 2013 , 1:21pm by anavillatoro1

deborah mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deborah mac Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 7:33am
post #1 of 10

hi, ive been asked to make a large 3d rag doll cake,has ayone got any idea what cake tin to use for the body? and how would i make the head ? as it would have to be rather large and round. thankyou

9 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 8:24am
post #2 of 10

AHave you thought about carving the body? You could make the head out of cake or rice crispies.

deborah mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deborah mac Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 10:22am
post #3 of 10

hi thats what i was going to do,never made rice crispy before but i was bothered about the fondant looking dented or not smooth enough for the head especially round the face area,i was going to use a pudding bowl for the body and shape the sides down, what do you think?

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 10:27am
post #4 of 10

You can either mix your RKT with modeling chocolate to smooth it or cover with ganache before the fondant.

Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 11:29am
post #5 of 10

After you have your RKTs the shape that you want them, smooth melted candy melts over the shape in several thin coats, filling in the dents and crevices, and allowing it to cool and set in between each coat.  Once you have several coats on it and it is fairly smooth (you can't see the bumps from the rice krispies) smooth any ridges or bumps in the candy melt coating with your fingers just by rubbing them smooth.  The heat of your skin will soften it just enough to smooth it out.  Once you have smoothed it with your fingers, Let it set up solid and cover in fondant.

anavillatoro1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anavillatoro1 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 12:39pm
post #6 of 10

AYou can carve the body and make the head whit cake dummi or stitofom, take a look of my Luigui cake in children's birthday cakes thr body is cake and the head is stitofoam

BatterUpCake Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 12:40pm
post #7 of 10

Annavillator...you have nice lips. LOL

anavillatoro1 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 12:47pm
post #8 of 10

AHaha I wish :D lol the little girl in your avatar is so pretty, I ben wishing to tell you this whit out soung creepy batterupcake :-)

BatterUpCake Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 1:03pm
post #9 of 10

That's my grandbaby...lol. It sounds creepy to say you have nice lips. Hope everyone gets I was talking about your avatar...lol.

anavillatoro1 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 1:21pm
post #10 of 10

ALol :D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%