Mr.met 3D Cake- Any Suggestions

Decorating By Bella34 Updated 30 Aug 2013 , 3:43am by Bella34

Bella34 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bella34 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 3:36am
post #1 of 5

AI am making a full bodied 3d Mr. Met cake- I am boggled by how to make a full cake head stand on his body. Is there any way I can make this 100% cake? Any suggestions would GREATLY be appreciated ! Thank you :)

4 replies
knlcox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knlcox Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 12:45pm
post #2 of 5

Is it the Mets mascot?  YES, you can make him entirely out of cake but you need a sturdy internal support.  You can use pvc pipes or even thread wire from a Home Depot or Lowes.  I would use the thread wire and insert it into the board holding it in place with a huge nut.  I'll find a photo so you can see what I'm talking about.

knlcox Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 12:47pm
post #3 of 5

http://www.craftsy.com/class/advanced-cake-sculpting-bobblehead-cakes/146

If you get a chance and have a few extra dollars, this class is perfect for what you're trying to accomplish! I'll still upload a few pics of what I was talking about with the photos.  I  just wanted to share that with you! 

knlcox Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 12:52pm
post #4 of 5

This structure is what Mike McCarey uses to make his bobblehead cake. 

I found it online.  I just googled Mike McCarey cake structures.  It is thread wire inserted into a cake board and secured using a nut.  He also uses nuts to hold up the board in the center for the body and another nut for the board on top for the head to sit on. Make sense??

Bella34 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bella34 Posted 30 Aug 2013 , 3:43am
post #5 of 5

AThank you south for your reply-! I am Actually using this class as a guide :) thank you again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%