In Case Anyone's Interested

Business By j92383 Updated 10 Aug 2013 , 1:43am by bct806

j92383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j92383 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 12:24am
post #1 of 19

I received an email from TLC today they are looking for bakeries that need help to appear on a new show they have coming out sort of like Restaurant Impossible on the Food Network. Buddy from cake boss would be the one providing assistance. If anyone is interested here's the link. www.bakerybosscasting.com

18 replies
bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 4:17am
post #2 of 19

I don't need it but that is an interesting concept. I'm a fan of RI, I actually met Robert Irvine when he was here filming!! I'd be interested to see how a show like that for bakeries would be.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 4:33am
post #3 of 19

AI saw the first episode several months ago. I think the name of the bakery was The Friendly Bakery, or something like that. You can probably find the episode online. Pretty much the same set-up as other shows. Buddy met the family, tried the goods, taught some decorating, then did some work on the store front.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 7:36am
post #4 of 19

Somehow......I think that it would break my heart a little.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 2:49pm
post #5 of 19

I saw that episode, too. It was set up very much like Restaurant Stake Out on the Food Network. Buddy helped a small town, run-down family bakery. I don't care for Buddy and his Hollywood-style ways, but his thoughtful and realistic help was immense. I was quite impressed and glad that he will continue.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 19

I also saw the first episode.   Buddy has changed a lot from the first episodes of Cake Boss.   He is Italian and still has those "ways"..(I'm Italian..that's why I'm saying that)...but I really enjoyed that new show that Buddy was hosting.    I hope it comes back for more episodes.

On the other hand, I cannot stand Robert Irvine...I saw him clear out a restaurant one episode telling the customers that the restaurant was filthy and their health was being jeopardized and took them to the kitchen to show them the filth.   He's a show  off and he has an arrogance about him I just can't watch.   He does look good from neck down though!  LOL...Weird thing...I do like Gordon Ramsey and he's an ass...go figure. 

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 4:07pm
post #7 of 19

AHas anyone else seen Kari Vincent's show? It's called 'Save My Bakery' or something else really obvious. I think there is only one episode so far. I would watch more. I saw Buddy's, and would watch it only because it's bakery related. I'm not a Buddy fan at all.

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 4:08pm
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmPamCakes 

Has anyone else seen Kari Vincent's show? It's called 'Save My Bakery' or something else really obvious. I think there is only one episode so far. I would watch more.
I saw Buddy's, and would watch it only because it's bakery related. I'm not a Buddy fan at all.

Ditto, I can't stand his ego.

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 4:11pm
post #9 of 19
Quote:

Has anyone else seen Kari Vincent's show? It's called 'Save My Bakery' or something else really obvious. I think there is only one episode so far. I would watch more.
I saw Buddy's, and would watch it only because it's bakery related. I'm not a Buddy fan at all.

Yes! I saw it! I wonder if it's going to continue or not. I only saw the one episode, but I liked watching it.

therealmrsriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
therealmrsriley Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 4:46pm
post #10 of 19

I liked Kerry's show too. She's so straight up and honest and it comes from a good place.

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 6:08pm
post #11 of 19

AOoooh I would love kerrys show ( or is it kari?) Yhey should make a reailty show about inspecting home bakeries. As long as they didn't leave out really good ones.

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 6:24pm
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealmrsriley 

I liked Kerry's show too. She's so straight up and honest and it comes from a good place.

I'm not sure if I'm fan of her or not....I only started liking her after they did 'the make a birthday cake for Kerry' episode on FN that I saw the human side of her. That Kerry and the person she was on her own show....are GREAT! I liked her and her show!

bct806 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 7:01pm
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle 

I also saw the first episode.   Buddy has changed a lot from the first episodes of Cake Boss.   He is Italian and still has those "ways"..(I'm Italian..that's why I'm saying that)...but I really enjoyed that new show that Buddy was hosting.    I hope it comes back for more episodes.

On the other hand, I cannot stand Robert Irvine...I saw him clear out a restaurant one episode telling the customers that the restaurant was filthy and their health was being jeopardized and took them to the kitchen to show them the filth.   He's a show  off and he has an arrogance about him I just can't watch.   He does look good from neck down though!  LOL...Weird thing...I do like Gordon Ramsey and he's an ass...go figure. 

The funny thing is, I met Robert Irvine at Applebee's where he was having dinner. I doubt they are up to his standards. haha. He is a really nice guy. Did you see his wedding special? He isn't a show off, that is just how he comes across. He has incredibly high standards. I LOVE Gordon Ramsey. Tried to go to one of his restaurants in Vegas and they were booked solid the whole week we were there. Even week days. Too bad. I want to try that beef wellington!!

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 7:14pm
post #14 of 19

AI like gordon ramsey, but I hate how he talks to people. Sure people are making mistakes, but I feel like there is no decency. "**** off". Also I hate how he spits out food. Its one of my biggest pet peeves. Its already in your mouth. The damage has already been done. Unless its a spoonful of salt or you just found out it's poison. Swallow it. No manners.

Annie8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie8 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 8:30pm
post #15 of 19

I used to watch Cake Boss a lot, but the family yelling got old.  My husband used to have a Buddy voice and would say "Look, it was exactly what they wanted!" while we watched since that at least used to be something he'd say a lot. Now whenever I say someone liked their cake to him, he feels the need to say that. At least it makes me giggle! :)

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 12:42am
post #16 of 19
Quote:

While I fully understand why Buddy and Gordon Ramsey would have shows- as GR  has several very successful restaurants/business and Buddy  has his bakery (does he have more than one? I don't know) and other ventures- I do not understand why Kerry Vincent would have a show, saving bakery businesses.

Has she ever owned any? I see her as decorator- not a restaurant/bakery business owner. Perhaps I'm mistaken..but I've never heard about her being a business owner (bakery/restaurant business). 

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 1:12am
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefat 

While I fully understand why Buddy and Gordon Ramsey would have shows- as GR  has several very successful restaurants/business and Buddy  has his bakery (does he have more than one? I don't know) and other ventures- I do not understand why Kerry Vincent would have a show, saving bakery businesses.

Has she ever owned any? I see her as decorator- not a restaurant/bakery business owner. Perhaps I'm mistaken..but I've never heard about her being a business owner (bakery/restaurant business). 

I was thinking the same thing...I've never heard of her owning an actual bakery. Of course, I doubt if any of those "rescues" are actually pulled off by the stars of the shows.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 1:15am
post #18 of 19

AGordon Ramsey had several cooking shows in the UK back before the lure of Hollywood got to him, and tbh he was just as much of an arrogant so and so as he is now. I do think he hammed it up a bit when he first started on US tv, because that's what got him the job, but he's softening over time. Robert Irvine seems to be losing his mean edge too, I noticed on the most recent episodes of RI that he's being much nicer to the makeover crew, and was even pitching in on camera at one point.

bct806 Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 1:43am
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylawaylalayla 

I like Gordon Ramsey, but I hate how he talks to people. Sure people are making mistakes, but I feel like there is no decency. "**** off". Also I hate how he spits out food. Its one of my biggest pet peeves. Its already in your mouth. The damage has already been done. Unless its a spoonful of salt or you just found out it's poison. Swallow it. No manners.

That is one thing I can't always do. Most things I will swallow even if it isn't very good but it really depends on how bad it is. The first time my husband cooked for me he made steaks in the oven. He over seasoned them and they weren't great quality steaks to begin with. I had to spit a bite out. We laugh about it now because he knew it was bad but didn't want to say it and I was too nice to tell him. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%