Need Help With Making Cupcakes Shaped Like A Shoe

Decorating By SweetCreativity Updated 8 Aug 2013 , 10:58pm by scrumdiddlycakes

SweetCreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreativity Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 9

I have been asked to make a shoe using cupcakes and I am unsure on where to begin. I have tried to find templates, so I can get an idea put have had no luck. I have seen the cupcake shoes on Google, but I was thinking a bunch of cupcakes in the shape of a shoe. Kind of like pull apart cakes.

8 replies
ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 9

do you mean high heeled shoe cupcakes?

or really a pull-apart cake?

here's a tutorial on the high heeled cupcakes. there are dozens of different ones. 

http://www.howdoesshe.com/high-heel-cupcakes-oooh-la-la/

http://theverybesttop10.com/2013/05/10/high-heels-cupcakes/

for a cupcake cake I would just start laying out the cuppie liners until i found the shape that was pleasing to me. then bake and decorate

SweetCreativity Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 9

Thank You! I have seen some cupcakes like the links you sent. I think I am looking for more of a silhouette of the shoe shape. I may just have to play around with the liners like you mentioned

tomsann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomsann Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 9

Hi, Just thinking,    what about the jem mini high heel shoe cutter set and put them on top of the

cupcake???    I wonder if it would be to big though...it comes out about 2 1/2" long...

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 9

AI've made mini fondant/Gumpaste high heels using a large circle piping tip, I squished the metal tip in the center to create a heel outline, then used that to make cutouts which I formed using a folded piece of laminated paper. I'm also a bit confused as to which type of heel your making-just an idea from the above comment.

If your doing a pull apart cupcake cake, you'd just need a picture of your shape (if you can eyeball it) and place them on your board accordingly.

I've made cupcake shoes based off of Verusca Walkers (with her permission). I made the heel out of Gumpaste and placed them on the edge of the cupcakes as well as an alternative with carved cake pieces to form the actual toe (these both take much longer so charge accordingly). I'm working on posting some pictures but I believe she has hers online.

SweetCreativity Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 9:47pm
post #6 of 9

Hello,

Thanks for the idea I could probably use that set if I decide to do a regular cake. I have been torn between the silhouette of the shoe shape, or a shoe box cake with a fondant heel. I haven't really played around with fondant, so I am a bit nervous.

SweetCreativity Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 9:50pm
post #7 of 9

This is the shape I am going for but with cupcakes

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 10:04pm
post #8 of 9

AIf you haven't had much experience with fondant then I would suggest keeping it simple, like you are thinking. There are tutorials for shoebox cakes, and high heels but they require sharp corners, and a lot of detail work to make a nice one.

Also, the customers budget is the main consideration. A pullapart cake takes 15-20 min where making a shoebox cake with high heel takes days (since the pieces require drying time). How many servings do you need? You could copy this exact design (writing included), if you're worried about doing it freehand just blowup the picture and get a large board and use your pic as a template. I hope that makes sence.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 10:58pm
post #9 of 9

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%