What Is The Worst Cake You Ever Did Or Don't Like To Do?

Decorating By MariaLovesCakes Updated 18 Sep 2005 , 4:07am by debsuewoo

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 17 Sep 2005 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 7

On my end is working with Thomas the Tank Engine cake!!!! ARG!! That cake using the cake pan is hard to do. All those little spots you have to fill and stuff...

The first time I did it, I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown!!!!

how about you all? Which cake gives do you dislike doing?

6 replies
SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 17 Sep 2005 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 7

I won't do any shaped cake pans. I did sponge bob for my son, and you have to cover it with the stars you know. I hated it, I thought it was torture. That's just not for me.

angelcake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcake4u Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 1:56am
post #3 of 7

I hated to doing the little cakes and bridesmaids that are in my photos. I tried to use the Quick-Pour Fondant to coat them, but it would not coat them thick enough. So I had to ice each one with buttercream. I was so glad to get those things out of my sight!

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 2:22am
post #4 of 7

A Disney Princess cake. I rented the character pan and was going to do the version wth melted chocolate for the face however it was all banged up. Decorating it took forever and then her lips looked like she had too much collagen.oops Didn't like it then, hate it now.....wouldn't even post it in my photos. The family loved it though and have ordered 3 more cakes from me! icon_razz.gif

APCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APCakes Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 2:25am
post #5 of 7

Hi! I don't really like to decorate with buttercream alone or bc flowers. I don't hate them, but they are kind of a pain to me. I much prefer using fondant!! It's so much more fun. I think if I were to do this as a business, repeating a past design or doing a supermarket-style cake would be pretty boring. Just my little preferences!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 3:39am
post #6 of 7

I really do not like doing the Barbie Doll cakes in the wonder mold pans. The worst was the one that you make look like a Mermaid. I was literally up until about 4:00 in the morning with that one. I have hated them ever since.
traci icon_smile.gif

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 4:07am
post #7 of 7

Wow Tripletmom, you can rent character pans? That may be something I should look in to, just so my pans don't just sit there!

As for my least favorite cake, I'd have to say that my daughters birthday cake was the worst! I used MMF and it was terrible tasting! My neighbors and I still laugh about how the fork would bounce as they tried to eat the MMF. From now on, no more Fondant of any kind unless specifically asked for!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%