White Chocolate Fiend

Baking By cakeforkai Updated 9 Aug 2013 , 6:08am by cakeforkai

cakeforkai Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeforkai Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 3:18am
post #1 of 7

AWhite chocolate is my absolutely favorite candy...I've made cupcakes with the lindt truffle in the middle but this time I want to think outside the box and put a mousse filling inside.. .any good recipes ?

6 replies
shelbymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbymama Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 3:33am
post #2 of 7

You can mix in a box of white chocolate pudding with Bettercreme or other whipped topping and use that for filling or frosting... it is yummy. I have also used Torani white chocolate flavoring to flavor my buttercream.

cakeforkai Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 3:43am
post #3 of 7

AWhat is bettercreme and where do I find it ? Also the torani flavoring...is that online

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 7

I personally wouldn't use Bettercreme.  It basically tastes like Cool Whip and has a fake vanilla taste.  I've tried that with the white chocolate pudding and it didn't taste anything like white chocolate.

That said, white chocolate is an elusive flavor to capture in a baked good.  Basically you're tasting the cocoa butter and whatever vanilla is added into the chocolate.  When I add white chocolate to anything I cut the vanilla entirely out of the recipe because that can overpower the chocolate taste.

A mousse filling inside a cupcake might be tough because a mousse is generally made with whipped cream and that might absorb into the cake.  Here is a real mousse recipe:

http://www.food.com/recipe/white-chocolate-mousse-209847

I would fill the cupcake with a white chocolate ganache and use the mousse as the icing. 

Do you have an Aldi where you live?  The Choceur brand white chocolate is phenomenal.  I used it for a white chocolate raspberry cake I did in April and the flavor was awesome.  All their chocolate is imported from Germany and it's really good.

cakeforkai Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 4:08am
post #5 of 7

AI never made a ganache before...do u have a recipe for it...the word just sounds like something delicious

just4fun26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just4fun26 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 5:53am
post #6 of 7

ACakeforkai, I have a really easy recipe that I will PM you for white chocolate ganache.

cakeforkai Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 6:08am
post #7 of 7

AOkay thanks...you guys are giving me some great feedback

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%