Help! Dont Know What This Technique Is Called?

Decorating By TamathaG Updated 6 Aug 2013 , 11:18pm by TamathaG

TamathaG Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 10:16pm
post #1 of 6

Sorry if there is already a thread about this but I don't know what the technique is called to do the sides of this cake. does anyone have any tutorials? I was just wondering how you finish the end of the circle since it will run into the one that you started with. I was planning on making myself a cake this weekend for my birthday thanks!

5 replies
morganchampagne Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 6

AIt's called the petal technique. I've found the YouTube videos to be the most helpful

morganchampagne Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 6

AIf you watch the video it's way more effective than trying to explain it in words

tarttokig Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 10:24pm
post #4 of 6

There is a tutorial here on CC, it was posted in April this year I believe. All the tutorials I've seen end with a dot. If you just start and end at the same place then you can have the dots on the back and none will notice! :)

TamathaG Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 11:18pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the replies!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%