What Colour Is This

Decorating By mo63 Updated 13 Aug 2013 , 9:32pm by RitasDecliciousCreations

mo63 Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 6:32am
post #1 of 11

Could anybody please tell me what shade of blue this is. I thought it was baby blue but when I compare the shades it is nothing like it. Please help.

http://pinterest.com/pin/99290366756380274/

10 replies
Godot Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 6:37am
post #2 of 11

There are many times when there is no exact shade of food colouring that matches the colour we want. Very often one has to blend a shade.

Take a look at a colour wheel and see what you need to blend to get this shade.

It's also a good idea to tell a client that is IS food that you work with and you can't guarantee an exact match on the colours.

lorieleann Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 6:47am
post #3 of 11

i would say a cornflower blue (wilton) with a bit of black or forest green mixed in. It is quite muddy.  (also keep in mind that the color may have been adjusted via photo editing software.)  

mo63 Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 6:55am
post #4 of 11

Thank you ladies, I have just looked at a colour wheel (big thank you for that ). I tried mixing royal blue and a bit of grape and im quite happy with the result.

Thankyou :)

ApplegumPam Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 7:00am
post #5 of 11

If you click on the link to that cake .... from Pintrest - it takes you to a Cakes Decor page.... where it TELLS you the colour !!

Yes .... EUCALYPTUS !!   which is a Sugarflair colour

Sometimes you need to engage your brain and not just your eyes ....   (this ia said tongue in cheek .... but with a good dose of truth attached!)

People give you information in the descriptions of their cakes but all too often people can't be bothered reading it

Annabakescakes Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 7:18am
post #6 of 11

ALol, if you don't have the eucalyptus color, I would've gone with sky blue mixed with black or maybe forest green. When I mix royal and purple, I get a richer blue, like Cinderella's blue dress.

Edited to add: when did they change it to blue, anyway? Wasn't it white or silvery in the cartoon?

cazza1 Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 11:41am
post #7 of 11

I have the eucalyptus color and it looks nothing like that.

ApplegumPam Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 12:38pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazza1 

I have the eucalyptus color and it looks nothing like that.

It depends on how much you put in - perhaps you have a different brand?

http://www.partyanimalonlineshop.com/bulk_packs_and_wholesale/sugarflair_paste_gel_food_colour_eucalyptus_pack_of_10

http://compare.ebay.com.au/like/120843856962?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&cbt=y&_lwgsi=y&lpid=15-62-80&item_id=120843856962

mo63 Posted 13 Aug 2013 , 7:43am
post #9 of 11

Thank you Cazza1. I have chosen to ignore the earlier nastiness from the last person. I only asked.

I did read the description that the colour was Eucalyptus but I agree with you. I too have this colour and it looks nothing like the colour in the picture. The picture  looks more like a shade of blue and Eucalyptus is green, although I have been itching to try that shade as well and never had the chance yet. But thank you for your help. Sorry i'm a little late with my reply.

niniel1 Posted 13 Aug 2013 , 3:38pm
post #10 of 11

I'd call that duck egg blue. 

RitasDecliciousCreations Posted 13 Aug 2013 , 9:32pm
post #11 of 11

It looks like Wilton's Cornflower Blue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%