What Colour Is This

Decorating By mo63 Updated 13 Aug 2013 , 9:32pm by RitasDecliciousCreations

mo63 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mo63 Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 6:32am
post #1 of 11

Could anybody please tell me what shade of blue this is. I thought it was baby blue but when I compare the shades it is nothing like it. Please help.

http://pinterest.com/pin/99290366756380274/

10 replies
Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 6:37am
post #2 of 11

There are many times when there is no exact shade of food colouring that matches the colour we want. Very often one has to blend a shade.

Take a look at a colour wheel and see what you need to blend to get this shade.

It's also a good idea to tell a client that is IS food that you work with and you can't guarantee an exact match on the colours.

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 6:47am
post #3 of 11

i would say a cornflower blue (wilton) with a bit of black or forest green mixed in. It is quite muddy.  (also keep in mind that the color may have been adjusted via photo editing software.)  

mo63 Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 6:55am
post #4 of 11

Thank you ladies, I have just looked at a colour wheel (big thank you for that ). I tried mixing royal blue and a bit of grape and im quite happy with the result.

Thankyou :)

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 7:00am
post #5 of 11

If you click on the link to that cake .... from Pintrest - it takes you to a Cakes Decor page.... where it TELLS you the colour !!

Yes .... EUCALYPTUS !!   which is a Sugarflair colour

Sometimes you need to engage your brain and not just your eyes ....   (this ia said tongue in cheek .... but with a good dose of truth attached!)

People give you information in the descriptions of their cakes but all too often people can't be bothered reading it

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 7:18am
post #6 of 11

ALol, if you don't have the eucalyptus color, I would've gone with sky blue mixed with black or maybe forest green. When I mix royal and purple, I get a richer blue, like Cinderella's blue dress.

Edited to add: when did they change it to blue, anyway? Wasn't it white or silvery in the cartoon?

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 11:41am
post #7 of 11

I have the eucalyptus color and it looks nothing like that.

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 12:38pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazza1 

I have the eucalyptus color and it looks nothing like that.

It depends on how much you put in - perhaps you have a different brand?

http://www.partyanimalonlineshop.com/bulk_packs_and_wholesale/sugarflair_paste_gel_food_colour_eucalyptus_pack_of_10

http://compare.ebay.com.au/like/120843856962?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&cbt=y&_lwgsi=y&lpid=15-62-80&item_id=120843856962

mo63 Posted 13 Aug 2013 , 7:43am
post #9 of 11

Thank you Cazza1. I have chosen to ignore the earlier nastiness from the last person. I only asked.

I did read the description that the colour was Eucalyptus but I agree with you. I too have this colour and it looks nothing like the colour in the picture. The picture  looks more like a shade of blue and Eucalyptus is green, although I have been itching to try that shade as well and never had the chance yet. But thank you for your help. Sorry i'm a little late with my reply.

niniel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niniel1 Posted 13 Aug 2013 , 3:38pm
post #10 of 11

I'd call that duck egg blue. 

RitasDecliciousCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RitasDecliciousCreations Posted 13 Aug 2013 , 9:32pm
post #11 of 11

It looks like Wilton's Cornflower Blue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%