Quick Question

Decorating By kaylawaylalayla Updated 4 Aug 2013 , 1:32am by BatterUpCake

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 8

AOk a cake baked today, iced in buttercream placed in the fridge. Will it be good tomorrow? Should I simole syrup to be safe?

7 replies
as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 8

AYes, it will be fine tomorrow. I wouldn't even put it in the fridge unless it is very warm where you are or some part of the cake is perishable.

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 5:25pm
post #3 of 8

Did your fondant not ever work? :(

kaylawaylalayla Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 6:16pm
post #4 of 8

AI haven't tried it again yet. The 4 inch rkt is a topper for a 10" cake in buttercream. And its hot were in fl

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 6:44pm
post #5 of 8

As long as it's covered in buttercream your cake will not dry out in a day or overnight.   I will say this, I once did a cake for my niece that for reasons out of my control we ended up not eating until 3 days later so it was in the fridge all that time...not the freezer.  It was definitely showing signs of dryness.  Should have wrapped it and put it in the freezer for that long and it would have been fine. 

kaylawaylalayla Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 12:59am
post #6 of 8

AOne more quick question. If I put 2d fondant accents on the night before and put it in the fridge will they melt?

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 1:17am
post #7 of 8

A

Original message sent by kaylawaylalayla

One more quick question. If I put 2d fondant accents on the night before and put it in the fridge will they melt?

I've done it before with no problem. I always deliver a cold cake to so that it will slowly come to room temp if it's going to be out several hours before cutting. The figures may get a little sticky after being in the fridge, but they eventually dry...but even if they don't, they shouldn't melt.

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 1:32am
post #8 of 8

never simple syrup after you but your BC on

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%