Any Tips Welcome To Bake Proper Brownies ! Plz Hlp

Decorating By newcakepassion Updated 12 Aug 2013 , 7:17pm by MBalaska

newcakepassion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newcakepassion Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 11

Hi All,

I am trying to bake brownies for the first time today .

I have read and heard peple telling that baking brownies is very tricky ! they can end up turning so hard .

Please let me know anything that i need to know before starting to bake?All suggestions welcome .

below is the recipe and the method I am gonna be using -

Brownie Layer:

1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, cut into pieces

4 ounces (115 grams) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped

1 1/4 cups (250 grams) granulated white sugar

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

2 large eggs

1/2 cup (65 grams) all purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

Cream Cheese Layer:

8 ounces (227 grams) full fat cream cheese, at room temperature

1/3 cup (65 grams) granulated white sugar

1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 large egg

Cream Cheese Brownies:Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) and place the rack in the center of the oven. Have ready a9 inch (23 cm) square baking pan that has been lined with aluminum foil.

In a heatproof bowl, placed over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the butter and chocolate. Remove from heat and stir or whisk in the sugar and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the flour and salt and stir vigorously until the batter is smooth and glossy (about one minute). Remove 1/2 cup (120 ml) of the brownie batter and set it aside. Spread the remainder of the brownie batter evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan.

Then, in the bowl of your food processor (or with a hand mixer), process the cream cheese just until smooth. Add the sugar, vanilla, and egg and process just until creamy and smooth (do not over process). Spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the brownie layer. Spoon 16 small dollops (4 rows with 4 dollops of brownie batter in each row) of the reserved brownie batter evenly on top of the cream cheese filling. Run a knife or wooden skewer back and forth through the two batters until you have a marble effect.

Bake in the preheated oven for about30 minutesor until the brownies are set and the cream cheese is just beginning to brown. (A toothpick inserted into the brownie comes out with just a few moist crumbs.) Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Then cover and refrigerate the brownies until they are firm enough to cut into squares (several hours or even overnight). Once chilled, remove the brownies from the pan by lifting with the ends of the foil and transfer to a cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut into 16 squares

Thank you ,

New cakepassion!

10 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 11

I bake brownies by the hundreds.  It generally takes me a few tries with the recipe and oven to determine the perfect baking time.  Although I can just look at a cake and know its done, with brownies I find its timing.  My recipe takes 33 minutes if just made, 34 minutes when from the fridge.  So, your recipe says thirty minutes.  For the first batch, I'd do exactly that.  If they are too gooey, make another batch and try 31 minutes until you have it down perfectly.  The best part about brownies is the testing . . . .

newcakepassion Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 11

AThank u much leah for the tip :) one mre question do i need to refrigerate with the pan ,after cooling ..before cuting the brownies??

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 11

That's what the recipe tells you to do.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 7:46pm
post #5 of 11

You may use a Removable Bottom pan to make it easier. If you like your brownie recipe and plan on making it often, invest in one.

there are as many different brownie recipes as stars in the sky, cake brownies, fudge brownies, blonde brownies, and every single one is different. bake-bake-bake until you get the recipe the way you like it. You can always use the failed experiments as ice cream topping.  good luck.

newcakepassion Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 3:49am
post #6 of 11

AThank u mbalaska n leah for ur tips :)

MBalaska Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 8:25pm
post #7 of 11

brownies just popped into my mind. Just for my home baking mind you. Mini Brownies made with a cake style recipe work well in a mini cupcake pan.

Dress it up with some cute paper baking liners. Put a dollop of fudgy chocolate icing/ or chocolate ganache on top.  yummy.

just4fun26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just4fun26 Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 5:00am
post #8 of 11

AI just baked some Mississippi mud brownies for my fiance and his daughter. I might have a broken ankle but I can sit at the table and still make some melt in your mouth brownies... Oh vanilla bean ice cream topped them off. Delish!!

MBalaska Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 6:11pm
post #9 of 11

Yummy!

just4fun26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just4fun26 Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 6:33pm
post #10 of 11

A

Original message sent by MBalaska

[B][COLOR=FF0000]Yummy![/COLOR][/B]

Thank you! Thats what they said. My fiance's daughter is spoiled by me baking. She said her mom's brownies were dry. Yikes!

MBalaska Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 7:17pm
post #11 of 11

Two Brownie recipes, one a 'fudge' recipe, one a cakey 'brownie bite' both made with Hershey's Cocoa are in my notebook. Reading on CC.com got me curious. So I compared them & they had exactly the same ingredients. The  cake one simply had more AP flour.  Interesting options open up with the discovery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%