Best Stand Mixers

Decorating By TheOnlyLTG Updated 10 Aug 2013 , 4:46am by Evoir

TheOnlyLTG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheOnlyLTG Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 5:01am
post #31 of 35

AWow!!! Once again ... Thanks for all the feedback and advice. And what about the kenwood chef? The platinum model?

belindaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
belindaking Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 10:36am
post #32 of 35

AWith 220v electricity, get a Kenwood. The 220v Kitchen Aid is much more $$$ than the 110v... not worth the extra money just for the name. ;) Youl'l spend less for better quality in a Kenwood. If we were going to be here in Italy more than a year longer, I'd spring for a Kenwood. But I'm making do with a smaller, less powerful mixer for the time we're here. Wish they made 110v mixers-- I'd be all over it when we go back to the states! Look at the Premier Major 710 or 760. :)

jm777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jm777 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 1:38am
post #33 of 35

I would prefer KitchenAid stand mixer because it is quite a popular kind, proven quality and has many choice of colors and models. I've seen many sources to get this but this one I think is the best place to get it and price is good and many types of colors to choose from that fits your kitchen color. Plus it has many attachments to choose from for whatever is your cooking or baking purpose. I found it here to check more info http://www.kitchenaidstandmixerreviewsartisan.blogspot.com/

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 3:52am
post #34 of 35

KitchenAid KSM500PSWH Pro 500 Series 10-Speed 5-Quart Stand Mixer, is one mixer that still is advertised as having METAL gears.  It is good for home baking, single batches, with a lift up bowl, for those with a modest budget.  Have had mine for a long time (even used it to grind whole grains for breads and rolls).

With the new 7 quart KA my old 6 qt bowl/beater work also.

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 4:46am
post #35 of 35

If you are in South Africa, bear in mind what types of cakes your GF makes mostly. Are they your typical American-style butter cakes with butter cream icing? If this is the case, get a larger mixer, as good as you can afford.

If she makes mostly mud cakes, with ganache and fondant, she would probably be able to get by with a smaller mixer, like the Artisan (KA). If its anything like Australia, you pay a premium for the 220-240 Volt versions of the KAs. I paid $800+ for my chrome 5 quart one! But - it looks awesome on my kitchen bench, and it is MORE than what I need to make the bulk of my recipes (as I make mud cakes, ganache and use fondant). I occasionally will wish I had a larger one for when I am making lots of BC for a cupcake order, but really, these days I don't do many CC or buttercream-covered cake orders anyway.

So , that is another variable for you to consider!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%