sandyfae Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 9:30pm
post #1 of

AHi! A costumer of mine wants a raspberry jam or preserve for the filling. Is there a recipe for that or do you use the jam straight off the shelf of a grocery store? Never did a fruit before!

31 replies
sandyfae Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 9:33pm
post #2 of

AOh, and seedless too!

dawnybird Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 9:53pm
post #3 of

I would use Smucker's. They make a good seedless one. Read the label though because they also make one WITH seeds!  You can fold the jam into some of your buttercream for the filling too.

BatterUpCake Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 9:59pm
post #4 of

I was using the tubs of stuff from my cake store...until I realized it's just jam. I use smuckers too

icer101 Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 10:02pm
post #5 of

It is very easy to make fro scratch and then put thru seive.And so delicious!!!!

BatterUpCake Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 10:05pm
post #6 of

What is the cost compared to Smuckers? Can you freeze it? I just got a chest freezer so I am trying to make things in bulk now.

sandyfae Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 10:11pm
post #7 of

AThank you! It's just for a little 8 in birthday cake so I think I'll buy the smuckers and fold it into my buttercream! That sounds easy and yummy!

MBalaska Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 9:22am
post #8 of

SMUCKERS  SEEDLESS straight off the grocery store shelf.

excellent either alone or with a little buttercream. delicious. 

and try the apricot in layers of white cake, with white buttercream.  yummy. I know it sounds weird, try it someday.

howsweet Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 4:30pm
post #9 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101 

It is very easy to make fro scratch and then put thru seive.And so delicious!!!!

I agree with this 100%. It's super easy if you use frozen raspberries and the taste difference between the stuff in a jar and scratch is like night and day.

janetbakes Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 8:50pm

How do you get rid of the seeds if you use frozen?

ddaigle Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 9:16pm

I only buy the seedless s'berry & r'berry jam.  They only come in one size.  I nuke it for about 30 seconds to get it out of the jar...add a box of the powder raspberry or strawberry jello, stir real good and put in frig over night.    It looks grainy/gritty..but doesn't taste that way.   I have both of these recipes in the recipe section on cc. 

howsweet Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 12:12am
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetbakes 

How do you get rid of the seeds if you use frozen?

Strain it. There will still be some seeds.

yortma Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 2:49am

Try this.  It is all I use.  It is wonderful.  It tastes much better and fresher than raspberry jam, and is a prettier brighter color.  It freezes beautifully too, if you have leftovers

http://www.cakeboss.com/raspberryfilling.aspx

ttaunt Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 9:51pm

To ddaigle,why do you add the jello powder to the jam? Does it stop it from sliding from between the layers or just for the added flavor?

ddaigle Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 9:59pm

ttaunt...I don't really know why!  LOL....i was given that recipe a long time ago.    It does not stop it from sliding or seeping.   I think it enhances the flavor...gives it more punch. 

BatterUpCake Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 10:09pm

I used my Smuckers today....YUM. I also found some raspberry chocolate chips at my cake store and put them in a chocolate WASC.

ddaigle Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 10:31pm

Raspberry chocolate chips??????????  Woah! Never heard of it.   Sounds amazing!

BatterUpCake Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 10:36pm

Me either...Must not have been a big seller because they were on clearance. They are amazing in chocolate cake.

janetbakes Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 10:47pm

What did you try from Smuckers, was it Jam or preserves. I cant seem to find seedless preserves

ddaigle Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 10:57pm

I think at Christmas time I saw cherry chocolate chips.   I wish I would've bought some to try.   Maybe they will be back in December.

ttaunt Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 2:35am

Thanks,I will try it soon.

ttaunt Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 2:28am

Do you think you can make a ganache from hersheys kissis?

ddaigle Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 2:36am

ASure you can. I've bought milk chocolate chips instead of the semi sweet you just have to figure out h you just have to figure out how many kisses it takes to make a batch.

ttaunt Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 3:31am

love kisses,will have to try that too

MBalaska Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 8:29am
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetbakes 

What did you try from Smuckers, was it Jam or preserves. I cant seem to find seedless preserves

When I read your question I had to look in the fridge at mine. It's the yellow banner on the front "SEEDLESS" that I buy, and you're right it says Jam. Perhaps BatterUpCake found something different in her store.

BatterUpCake Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 9:57am

No, I said Jam.

jlhorton Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 12:04pm

AThe cake boss recipe, have you tried it without the liqueur, I need the for a child's burthday party and can't do that!! Lol!

ttaunt Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 12:35pm

How much buttercream would you add to the jam to fill a cake. Would you mix it half and half?

janetbakes Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 1:47pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaunt 

How much buttercream would you add to the jam to fill a cake. Would you mix it half and half?

In the Roland Winbeckler's French Vanilla cake recipe theres a buttercream recipe. He says to add 1/3 of raspberry jam to 2/3 buttercream

janetbakes Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 1:48pm

Sorry I see that doesn't read right. What I mean is 1 part jam to 2 parts buttercream

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%