Raspberry Buttercream..and A Silly Question!

Baking By TheItalianBaker Updated 2 Aug 2013 , 4:44pm by TheItalianBaker

TheItalianBaker Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 4

hi everybody!

I need to make a chocolate cake with a raspberry filling, and covering the cake with fondant.

So I found this recipe online:

3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

I was wondering if the little seeds are a big deal and if I am going to see them under the fondant! (I am going to use the same buttercream for filling and coating)

3 replies
therealmrsriley Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 4

I'd recommend that you not ice the cake in that particular raspberry filling. I think it would be great between layers but maybe you should try a ganache or a basic buttercream to ice the outside of your cake and then cover it with fondant.

Also, you'll want to make sure you use a crusting buttercream, which I don't believe this recipe does.

BatterUpCake Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 4

I used Raspberry filling with seeds once and I had some negative feedback. I use raspberry jam. But I would not use that directly under my fondant because it will be lumpy.

TheItalianBaker Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 4:44pm
post #4 of 4

yes im making a ganache to ice my cake.. i just made this buttercream but i dont really know if it's good, I HATE RASPBERRIES! i tryed the buttercream but it seems very sweeth.. I dont know if it's supposed to taste like that cuz i dont eat raspberries :/

oh well!

Quote by @%username% on %date%