How Do I Get A Coral Color?

Decorating By Darthstefeny Updated 2 Aug 2013 , 12:31am by Darthstefeny

Darthstefeny Posted 1 Aug 2013 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 4

I need some help with getting a coral color for flowers I'm making for a wedding cake and cupcakes. Where I live we only have wilton colors and no Americolor. My question is does anyone know which color to mix from Wilton to make a coral color? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

3 replies
Baking Sis Posted 1 Aug 2013 , 3:10pm
post #2 of 4

I mix pink and yellow to get a peach so maybe try that and see how close you get?  Maybe someone will pop on here with the exact 'recipe' for coral.  Good luck!

Found this!!! 

Creamy Peach and a touch of Pink, or Orange and a touch of Pink, or 3 parts Rose Pink to 2 parts Lemon Yellow

it is off a site called ~from karen's kitchen. 

craftyliz Posted 1 Aug 2013 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 4

I've used a light( apricot)orange and bright pink dusts which can be added and brushed onto finished product or can be mixed together with a drop of water.

I've just posted a round wedding cake with coral  chocolate roses, which were dusted. In the picture they look a little more orange than they actually are as my camera isn't great.

Hope it helps!

Darthstefeny Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 12:29am
post #4 of 4

AI did think about those colors to mix, but I wasn't a 100% sure. But thank you very much for your:grin: input. I do appreciate it. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%