Rice Paper Images

Decorating By sandyfae Updated 2 Oct 2013 , 9:24pm by caroluna

sandyfae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandyfae Posted 1 Aug 2013 , 4:25am
post #1 of 5

ACould someone please write out the process to trace and paint an image onto rice paper. Should I use edible markers, or paint it on with gel? Never done this before and have to do a cake next week with this cartoon image...[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3068587/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

4 replies
doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 1 Aug 2013 , 5:17am
post #2 of 5

First you make sure the image is the correct size for the cake you are putting on. Then you place your rice paper sheet on top of the drawing and trace it with black edible marker, Then you fill it in with edible colored marker, just like you are coloring in a coloring book.

I have never tried painting with gel.

sandyfae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandyfae Posted 1 Aug 2013 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 5

AOkay, that sounds easy enough. Thank you! Now I just gotta find the rice paper! I live in Colorado, would anyone know where? I have looked at hobby lobby and didn't find it

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 1 Aug 2013 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 5

AI can't find anything, aside from basic colorings and tools, locally. I ordered some from global sugar art, but I'm sure they carry it at exclusive cake supply stores.

caroluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caroluna Posted 2 Oct 2013 , 9:24pm
post #5 of 5

Use an edible maker or edible pencil to make the outline, then color. You can use luster dust, summer dust, petal dust mixed with vodka or lemon extract to color your designs. You can also mix the color gel with vodka to make a paint. Here is a video that explains how to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%