Making Butter Cream With Hand Blender, Yikes!

Decorating By kaylawaylalayla Updated 2 Aug 2013 , 4:52pm by kikiandkyle

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 3:33am
post #31 of 36

ADo rice krispie treast harden and become not pliable anymore?

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 3:43am
post #32 of 36

they sell them in the cake store and they sit there a while. SO I would say if you keep them wrapped good and then just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds they should be good.

I decided a couple of months ago I was not going to the grocery until I ate all of the stuff I had in the cabinets and freezer. I did not shop for a month.

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 3:49am
post #33 of 36

Don't refrigerate them. Whenever I refrigerate mine they end up like bricks. Maybe my rkt need more butter but this happens every time so I stopped putting them in the fridge. 

We go shopping for the whole month. I can usually stretch it a bit further. I am a thrifty shopper. Or say my hubby says. 

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 3:50am
post #34 of 36

AIf they stay soft can you still ice and fondant them?

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 3:51am
post #35 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

they sell them in the cake store and they sit there a while. SO I would say if you keep them wrapped good and then just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds they should be good.

I decided a couple of months ago I was not going to the grocery until I ate all of the stuff I had in the cabinets and freezer. I did not shop for a month.

when I was a single gal, at 17, I had a sweet apartment and always had parties and everyone would get hungry and start raiding the cabinets. I swear this one guy could make whatever we had taste good! I still remember this Rice a Roni stiff he made, with some other stuff thrown in... AMAZING! I wish I could cook like that....

There have been about 5 times in my life where I cooked the food so bad, I had to tell the kids/hubby that I was sorry, and they didn't have to eat it, they could make some PB&J if they were still hungry, lol. 

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 4:48pm
post #36 of 36

I have a tiny kitchen, I always have, so I'm an expert at keeping low stock and only buying what I actually need. But if I've got pasta I can whip up something! I have a cash budget for groceries, once it's gone we don't eat. That's the only way I can keep it in check. We also started doing the same for eating out. So if I want to just run to the store for one thing I can. knowing I can't pick up a bunch of stuff or I'll be out of money.

I got my first KA from Macys when I opened a card there and got it for about $200. I recently upgraded to a 6qt from Costco, cost me about $220. I sold the old one for $175 and it was over 6 years old. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%