Not So Super Mario

Decorating By lunawhisper0013 Updated 31 Jul 2013 , 2:28am by knlcox

lunawhisper0013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lunawhisper0013 Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 6

AI am doing a cake with 24 cupcakes for a long-term client. She wanted a Mario themed cake with 24 cupcakes with the little Mario icons. No problem, or so I thought. I'm doing the cake 3 D flat on the board and the top layers are peeling away and then affected by pesky gravity. I put some "bricks" where the cake is falling to brace it. It hasn't moved since. I'm going to let it settle overnight but I did not expect so much trouble from what I thought to be a relatively simple cake. Very annoying.

5 replies
scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 1:57am
post #2 of 6

I'm sorry, I don't follow. What is peeling away?

Must be my lack of coffee for the day, lol.

knlcox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knlcox Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 2:00am
post #3 of 6

I'm trying to picture what you've described.  You said 3D flat?  Is that like a 2D cake or?  I'm sorry I want to help but I really can't see it in my head! lol  

Can you post a picture? 

lunawhisper0013 Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 2:24am
post #4 of 6

AInstead of having it standing up and being what I call 3D in the round (basically you look at it from 360 degrees) it islaying on the cake board so Iit doesn't need supports but it still has dimension instead of being purely flat like a sheet cake. The bottom layer is solid but to get the dimensions I had to put on a second layer and after carving and shaping/icing it, the top layer is pulling away in places.

lunawhisper0013 Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 2:25am
post #5 of 6

ASorry for the typos...my phone is a bit temperamental tonight.

knlcox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knlcox Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 2:28am
post #6 of 6

Oh ok! I get it now.  I'm not sure what the issue is. It sounds very cute! I hope your brick fix works! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%